Manti scouting.

deadeye1

Working in Salt lake , going to try to do some scouting and was hoping for some advice . Not trying to get anyones spot , but i will have 18 points next year and hope to draw an archery tag. I have spots picked out but any help would greatly be appreciated.

How are the spots you have picked out? Are there elk and bulls in the area during hunting season? I always think hunting areas you already know is best if there are animals there.

Maybe you have already done this, but I would suggest getting an OTC archery elk tag and hunting the spots you know as well as a couple others you scout out this summer ahead of your big bull tag next year. No greater way to learn the unit than with boots on the ground during the actual hunt.

Last edited:
The hunt planner info is particularly good for that unit! If you're a hardcore kind of bowhunter I'd hit Huntington canyon early in the hunt, try to catch some bulls before they leave to find cows.

The hunt planner info is particularly good for that unit! If you're a hardcore kind of bowhunter I'd hit Huntington canyon early in the hunt, try to catch some bulls before they leave to find cows.
Thanks for the info will give it a scout.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom