Marlin 336 30-30

JFBNORTHERNHUNTER

I am currently trying to set up a Marlin Model 336 in 30-30 for my son. However I am running into a issue with the lever. It opens on it own very easily, it requires the shooter to hold the lever with a good amount of pressure closed to allow the trigger to engage. I am looking for a good Gunsmith that is good on lever actions. Or some pointers, I have ordered a new finger lever plunger and hope that is the problem. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated..

I for sure would have a gun smith look at it. Keep everyone safe and get it resolved before you hunt with the rifle.

Good luck

I work at a gun shop. A Marlin 336 30/30 used sold for $1150. The Marlin lever action is in high demand these days.

Call High score gunsmith, he is near Central and Juan Tabo area on one of those back streets. I belive its on Cochiti street. They do great work.

I thought Charlie's closed down like 10 years ago.
They did (Montgomery blvd location) when (rumor has it) old dude passed, and kids didn't want to run the business...so some employees bought it and now it's a shadow of its former-shop glory. Now located on Menual at Pennsylvania. And here, here to that Charlie's Team!! They found and sold me large Magnum Rifle Primers there! And large rifle primers too!! Need to feed the beast RUML and they hooked me up when others couldn't.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom