Marlin golden 39a

nfh

Long Time Member
So i got a 1979 marlin 39a. Having some feeding issues. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Well after hours of watching it i noticed some things. One is timing. Timing of everything looks good. What i found is the carrier and as you see in the picture is a little wheel. Well sometimes it will miss thus it mis feeds. After some research that wheel is .050 (50 thousandths of an inch) off.

I do know i have a type 1 carrier. Well its impossible to find. I built the wheel up with epoxy. Works great but isnt a true fix. My next solution is to press the pins out and just make one on the lathe. Well have someone

I have spent hours online trying to find one. If i do i ask the seller to provide the dimension of the wheel and i find no one has a caliber to check.

Soooo does anyone have an idea where to find one before i try the lathe. Im not a machinist so i will have it done.

See red arrow for what i am calling the wheel on the carrier. To the left is one pin i can press out. Seems to be another pin in the wheel but doesnt press out. The pin through the center of the wheel seems to be one piece.
20200506_185553.jpg

As a youth I would go to Colorado and hunt elk on the grand Mesa every year since I was twelve. Stopped going when I was 19. Well being youthful I would push timber. They would give me the trusty Iron sight Marlin 444. It started acting up. It would sometimes not chamber the last round in the magazine. Never did get it fixed. Is this the same problem you are having?

As a youth I would go to Colorado and hunt elk on the grand Mesa every year since I was twelve. Stopped going when I was 19. Well being youthful I would push timber. They would give me the trusty Iron sight Marlin 444. It started acting up. It would sometimes not chamber the last round in the magazine. Never did get it fixed. Is this the same problem you are having?

Somtimes feed all. Sometimes just one or 2. Think i have it nailed to the carrier. After epoxy on that wheel it worked perfect every time.

I guess i left out sometimes you have to give it smack with your hand and it works. Pretty sure its helping aligning the carrier

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom