Maroon Bells weather. Enough to move them?

robAK

Hey guys. My boys aren’t gonna be happy but last minute Wrangling has me helping my brother on his early 043 rifle tag.
With the recent weather is it enough to push the deer lower/migrate. If so where do they generally go. My brother called glen wood springs more than a few times with no response. Thanks guys

Hey guys. My boys aren’t gonna be happy but last minute Wrangling has me helping my brother on his early 043 rifle tag.
With the recent weather is it enough to push the deer lower/migrate. If so where do they generally go. My brother called glen wood springs more than a few times with no response. Thanks guys
Glenwood Springs was burning up I-70 was closed for a week and the fire is still burning at this time

Thanks Comules. Was wanting to know if the recent snows were enough to move the deer. If so generally where do they move.

How much snow is up there? I’d say no way. They’re still very high. Those bucks know snow this early will melt off in a few days.

I umped a game in Meeker, they played Aspen (CO is dif, SB is in the fall). The Aspen coach said that Friday was the 1st day that they could practice all wk, rain and snow (6-8") and that is is almost all gone.

The Meeker coach said 4-6" of wet thick snow....it was 73 that day. We saw snow in one place, at the rest area, at the end, where all the snow had been plowed to...3" high, in the center, about the size of a desk...it is long gone by now

Just got back from the Maroon Bells. Had deer tags and saw very few deer. Saw some elk though. Talked to lots of people and they all saw very little deer or elk. One guy who had been hunting an area 50 years said they couldn't even find any. People everywhere. Ten years ago this same trailhead had 3 vehicles, this year over 25.

Just got back from the Maroon Bells. Had deer tags and saw very few deer. Saw some elk though. Talked to lots of people and they all saw very little deer or elk. One guy who had been hunting an area 50 years said they couldn't even find any. People everywhere. Ten years ago this same trailhead had 3 vehicles, this year over 25.
That sucks!!!! I scouted it a found one I sure wish I were hunting!!! Maybe I can grab a 2nd season tag and go get him.

Same as Prizes14, few deer and the bucks that we seen were not worth the pack out. We tuffed it out in the area we thought would hold some good bucks but couldnt find anything bigger. Appreciate the replies guys. Rob

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom