martin archery

ID_hunter27

i was just wondering if any of you have a newer martin and what do you think about them? I have an older one and am looking to upgrade and since im new to this sorta deal i just wanna know your thoughts

im stuck on sticking with martin or goin to the matthews z7 extreme

I have had both a Firecat and a Warthog in the last two years.

The Firecat was wicked fast and a great bow, but I shoot fingers, and it has a short ATA, so I just couldn't quite tame it.

If you use a release, the Firecat would be a great bow.

I love the Warthog for shooting fingers. Very smooth, quiet and consistent.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any specific questions about those models.

Best of Luck,
Jeff
http://www.elkmtngear.com

I shot a Martin Rage II for about 8 years and it was a great bow. Killed alot of deer with it. Martins are built solid for sure. I beat the heck out of that bow. If I was to get a new Martin, I would have to seriously consider the Onza. I shot that one a bunch at the shop, and it is a great bow.

smiley-violent064.gif

I shoot a Martin Slayer X and have never had any problems with it.Its extremely accurate and super fast.I would put it up against any bow out there.I take good care of it and all I have to do is pick it up shoot it and it is always dead nuts accurate.I dont shoot as much as alot of people but I hunt more than most and it takes all the abuse I give it and doesnt let me down year after year.

I have a Bengal that I bought in 2006 and shot the heck out of it. In 2008, one of the limbs started to split. Martin replace both limbs and I killed a nice Coues buck in 2009. I bought a new Hoyt Maxis in June, 2010, and shoot it mostly. But I shot the Martin a lot this weekend as a part on my Hoyt's rest broke, and I think I shoot it better under 60 yds than the Hoyt.

Ed

I was a Martin dealer until last year. Martin has become a price point bow for the most part. They don't have the quality control they used to. Plan on replacing the strings with a quality set and they are a good functional bow but not on a par with other top name bows. I was shooting a firecat last year and my wife still has a Martin. At the moment I'm shooting a Limbsaver Proton.

Try a Dreamcatcher,

My buddy took two deer in Nebraska then 6 here in La. all with a traditional bow!

Just a thought....I know you are talking wheel bow.

+1 on Martin being a good company!

Griz

There good bows for the money. I shot a cougar III for years never any problems with it and I abused the heck out of it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom