MASTERS OF BAITING???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
So?

You Bait?

You CHUM?

Do You Help Spread CWD?

How Much Money You Spending on Apple Piles?

Trophy Rock?

Salt Blocks!

Mineral Licks?

You Wanna Keep doing it?

Or?

Do You Wanna Ban it?

There's a Bunch of Masters in this State!

Baiting for bears was the first species bating was outlawed for in Arizona, 20 years before they got around to outlawing the rest of big game.

So?

You Bait?

You CHUM?

Do You Help Spread CWD?

How Much Money You Spending on Apple Piles?

Trophy Rock?

Salt Blocks!

Mineral Licks?

You Wanna Keep doing it?

Or?

Do You Wanna Ban it?

There's a Bunch of Masters in this State!

You talking about hunting or that little waitress at the Basin diner getting you to come in an eat every week... she aint doin her job?

It is okay to get fat and sassy!

Cattle moochers that run animals on public land are just as guilty as anyone when it comes to spreading disease and transmitting invasive species. In one drainage I hunt there’s at least 10 salt blocks dumped in the same spots every. Single. Year. And the elk, deer and moose hammer them just as hard as the cattle do, every day. That’s not helping a dam thing or any better than a guy dumping salt or apples infront of a camera he’s set up. Until you point an equal finger at the moochers running mountain maggots and doing the same thing as the guys baiting deer and elk, you can’t start accusing anyone of spreading CWD and being responsible for it in any areas.

I don’t care either way. Ban it. Elk still need water. Deer still need water. Deer and elk both need to eat. Guess what else they eat besides wild grass and other growth... hay. Piles of it. Every year. Moochers will still salt their animals in their grazing areas. Guys will still sit water. Guys will still sit hay fields. Guys will still kill animals, using “legal” tactics. You wanna tell a guy he can’t shoot an elk headed to a salt block he didn’t place there, on public land? Then you wanna try to convict him for it? Good luck with that.

all this is doing is creating more tension and emotions than what we’ve already got between hunters who have different methods of hunting. This isn’t solving problems, it’s creating new ones. I guarantee, this year, some utard that has not clue what’s going on, is gonna screw with some dudes trail cam and salt, because he thinks it’s “illegal” because he heard about it on Facebook. Then it’ll tie up limited officer resources, which we don’t have enough of as it is, creating more work for them, and taking their focus off the more important things. What a great job we’ve done here. And All over what? A few big deer shot on apples on some CWMUs that most of us will never be able to afford to hunt in 3 lifetimes? Because you don’t think it’s “fair”?

You wanna tell a guy he can’t shoot an elk headed to a salt block he didn’t place there, on public land? Then you wanna try to convict him for it? Good luck with that.
I recommend you read and understand the law before proffering your hypothetical. The example you gave would be legal as long as the salt block was placed by a rancher for normal agricultural purposes and is thus not "bait" according to the law. Therefore the "lured to" section wouldn't apply.

Until you point an equal finger at the moochers running mountain maggots and doing the same thing as the guys baiting deer and elk, you can’t start accusing anyone of spreading CWD and being responsible for it in any areas.
It appears you're playing some sort of moral equality/relativism game that because one person is a problem, then other people should be allowed to be problems too. That's a false dilemma, akin to saying until you stop all poachers, it's not fair to prosecute any poachers. If one guy is bad then the other guy should automatically get to be bad too. It's a ridiculous argument.

I recommend you read and understand the law before proffering your hypothetical. The example you gave would be legal as long as the salt block was placed by a rancher for normal agricultural purposes and is thus not "bait" according to the law. Therefore the "lured to" section wouldn't apply.
Good thing salt isn’t included in the “bait” definition then, huh?

We put corn out for the deer when it gets cold. But this is always after the guns and bows are put away for the year.

Im sure there's a few nudes of me out there on trail cameras as I piss in any bait piles or mock scrapes I see within 30 yards of a tree stand ?
20210216_183405.jpg

We put corn out for the deer when it gets cold. But this is always after the guns and bows are put away for the year.

Im sure there's a few nudes of me out there on trail cameras as I piss in any bait piles or mock scrapes I see within 30 yards of a tree stand ?
View attachment 25654

Actually studies have shown that you can pee in a real buck scrape and they will continue to use it. Human urine doesn’t seem to spook deer ?

Actually studies have shown that you can pee in a real buck scrape and they will continue to use it. Human urine doesn’t seem to spook deer ?
I remember reading in a hunting magazine they tested a bunch of differant fake deer urines in scrapes and human urine seemed to cause the most attraction of them all ?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom