Mathews VXR, 28 or 31.5”?

BeanMan

Long Time Member
I’m about ready to purchase a Mathews VXR, I’m leaning towards the 28” ATA and I have a 29.5” draw length. Perhaps I should be looking at the VXR with the 31.5” ATA? I’d be interested in your thoughts. I’ve only to able to shoot the 28 so far.

Last edited:
Why not get the V3 instead of the VXR? Similar bows but the V3 has improvements over the vxr.
For the length, I would go with the longer option. Better string angle. The shorter vxr and v3 are designed to excel in tree stand applications where maneuverability is key.

I have a v3 in order from Red Rock but did shoot the shop bow and loved it.

V3 is a good point, they didn’t have any set up when I went in to shoot, just Gabe’s VXR. I’ll wait until I’ve shot them all. Thank you

VXR should be more forgiving
Why do you say that? Because of the .5 longer ATA (in the 31 version)? They both have 6” brace heights. Everything I have read says the v3 is a better shooting bow over the VXR but I haven’t shot a VXR to compare.

How long did it take from order to delivery?
I was visiting my friends in upstate NY and literally walked into my old archery shop. My buddy had a new left handed model on the shelf and set me up. He had some right handed models as well. Best shop in NY.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom