For Sale Mausers rifles mil and Sporters

Hackleback

I’ll give this another try- Looking to sell locally as shipping is becoming expensive and challenging these days. I’m not in big hurry, so if you occasionally get to NW Nevada and you are interested, let me know and we can go from there. I do travel around the area on occasion, so we might be able to meet up somewhere- let discuss. I can provide photos upon request, just message me.

Czech VZ-24- partial sporter (8x57) ; This is an older VZ-24 with the standing lion crest (I really liked the crest). Military “wide sweep” bent colt (likely would not clear a scope) and the military two stage trigger and a modified upper hand guard and original front and rear sites. Bluing is very thin with plenty of patina. There isn’t any deep pitting. This has been dropped in an old Bishop sporter stock, straight grain with a black fore arm tip.

Czech VZ-24 Russian capture(8x57). Arsenal rebuild, all metal parts are blued and force matched with electric pencil. Looks like a new stock and a repaired handguard. Included a bayonet, sling, ammo pouch, oiler, cleaning kit.

Yugo 24-47 (8x57). Yugoslavian model 24 arsenal rebuilt in 1947 (thus the 24-47 designation). Recycled walnut stock and hand guard (no cracks or deep gouges), reblued and a new/near new barrel with a bright and shiny bore. I don’t think you are going to find a much better looking/condition mil-surp rifle these days.

Model 1891 Mauser-sporter (7.65x53). I suspect this started out life as a full length rifle that has been shortened and sporterized. The original stock was used with the forend trimmed to sporter length and the handguard removed. The stock is nicely sanded and finished and shows a bit of figure in the butt. The barrel has been shortened, nicely recrowned and a new front site installed, original rear site in place. The action has been drilled and taped for scope mounts, Currently this rifle has a Leupold 1.5-4X scope and has the original two stage trigger. I purchased the rifle as is and I have no idea who did the work.

I originally purchased this rifle for my son’s youth deer hunt. It has been hunted and has taken a doe whitetail (one shot). It is chambered in the original 7.65x53 AKA 7.65 Argentine/Belgium. The ballistics for this round are comparable to the 300 Savage, an older but well known deer round. Ammo can still be purchased, most common from Privi. I do have a box or two of factory loads, some hand loads (youth reduced loads), surplus ammo (FMJ, likely corrosive), reloading dies, brass, and bullets. Reloading data is easy to find.

Yugo 48 sporter (7x57) This is one of those projects that has been in the works for over a decade. The action is a Yugo 48, bolt bent by “Bolt Guy” that has done a lot and he did a great job. Charge hump, profiled and I drilled and tapped for scope mounts using a jig. The barrel is a stepped carbine barrel in 7x57, I think from South America origin. Replaced the safety with an aftermarket and has an adjustable single stage trigger. The action, bottom metal and barrel were stripped and coated matte black cold bluing. All this was dropped in an old Herters brand sporter stock. I have shot this for function loads and feeds well, did a bit of informal plinking, but no actual time at the range for accuracy. As it currently sits, I may have 20-30 rounds through it. As anyone that has done these types of projects, I will never get all my money back out of it. It is a solid basic rifle that would be perfect as a truck or backup gun.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom