Max Antelope points

DeerHunter53

Long Time Member
My son and I have max points for Antelope and can' decide between Likely Tables, Surprise Valley or Lassen.

I see some zone produces bigger bucks and more of them. Odds are close to the same on two zones but the remaining zone Lassen seems to get more attention.

I have been trying to get this tag since I moved here way before the points, and still no tag so hopefully this is my year to draw.

So I want to make the most out of the seventeen years I have waited on top of many more.

If you have already drawn this tag and give me some insight please PM me I would appreciate it.

Not asking for front row seats I'll do my own scouting just want to know if one zone is better than the others.

I hunted lassen and I still put in for it no need for me to try somewhere else,it has goats everywhere from one end to the other in the valleys and the highest hills and in the timer around eagle lake.

I drew Likely Tables in 2013. Lots of Antelope to look over. Still put in hoping to go back..
Never ran into another hunter..

Better goats coming off of the Lassen unit the last few years.
Max point draw odds are very good for Likely Tables and Lassen.
Likely Tables 1st period = 1 in 3; 2nd period 1 in 1.4 chance
Lassen 1st period = 1 in 7; 2nd period is 1 in 4.

The max pointers will be drawn out in about 7 years at this rate.

No horn data on the CA website, but the last info on tooth aging is from 2016 and if tooth age is indicative of horn size, then Lassen has the largest number of older bucks being harvested.
Counting age greater than or equal to 5-years old, as the average age of trophy class bucks.
Here's the breakdown:
Clear Lake - 2/10 or 20%
Likely Tables - 8/67 or 12% (in 2016 a lot of 1-3 Y-old bucks were taken)
Lassen - 18/84 or 21%
Big Valley - 3/13 or 23%
Surprise Valley - 1/10 or 10%

One thing about the tables is that there is ant. in places that dont get hunted, you never will be able to see all of them. I have seen them in heavy timber, also at the very top of warner mtn. you wont find a place where they aren't.

I just found out I drew a Archery Likely Tables Antelope tag as a Alternate. Any help would be appreciated. I saw a few likely tables comments and I drew this same tag in 1996 and hunted Davis Creek Area. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks

Personally I'd try to find a secluded waterhole in the Garden and hunt that from a blind. Only issue is that there's a ton of water up there. If you can run some cameras for a week or two before the hunt it might help. Might look on the Tables, but it likely only has a few antelope. I also have a CA pronghorn tag this year and I have a couple of cams out there currently.

Personally I'd try to find a secluded waterhole in the Garden and hunt that from a blind. Only issue is that there's a ton of water up there. If you can run some cameras for a week or two before the hunt it might help. Might look on the Tables, but it likely only has a few antelope. I also have a CA pronghorn tag this year and I have a couple of cams out there currently.
That or go check Fitzhugh creek.

Hunted the “Garden” last year with my buddy during period 1 rifle. We killed two good goats. Scouted hard for two days prior to the season abs didn’t see many antelope. Predators have wiped that place out

My son and I have max points for Antelope and can' decide between Likely Tables, Surprise Valley or Lassen.

I see some zone produces bigger bucks and more of them. Odds are close to the same on two zones but the remaining zone Lassen seems to get more attention.

I have been trying to get this tag since I moved here way before the points, and still no tag so hopefully this is my year to draw.

So I want to make the most out of the seventeen years I have waited on top of many more.

If you have already drawn this tag and give me some insight please PM me I would appreciate it.

Not asking for front row seats I'll do my own scouting just want to know if one zone is better than the others.

I was lucky to draw the Lassen hunt this year. If the fires don’t shut the hunt down. Never hunted the area before.

I actually think this may be a good year to hunt water on the Garden end of this hunt. There is a ton less of it this year.

There does seem to be a lot less goats up there than just a few years ago though. We camp there every year on memorial weekend and the week following and do a lot of running around the unit hunting coyotes and have seen a lot less antelope there and on the Clear Lake side the last few years. Not sure if its predators or horses or?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom