Max killing range of a .22 Mag

119 yards but only because I’m a slightly better shot than AZguy. LOL

I’ve shot a 22 mag a ton but never thought of using it in a coyote. I cannot see why it wouldn’t work.

A year ago, I killed one at 50 yards with a 22 LR out of a pistol but it ran 150. Luckily I saw a cloud of dust so I knew where to search for it. I won’t do that again.

Neither would be my first choice!

Zeke

I don't usually set out to shoot coyotes with my rimfires, but have done it successfully several times. Out to 100 yds I really don't see much difference between the 22 WMR and the 17 HMR. If the distance is 150-200, I'll take the 17. I only shoot the 20 gr JSP tho, and behind the shoulder it still works

That said, why not just take my 223 or 243!!

I think she is about done after a 100. We've shot several foxes over a 100 and I have yet to see the bullet go thru.

The native Alaskans would wait until caribou would cross a deep river and pull their boat up to one popping it in the head with a rimfire tie it to the boat and off to the next.

At one time in my life, I owned both a Winchester .22 mag rifle & a Ruger Single Six convertable. The rifle killed a couple javelina, a fox & a coyote. They were all DRT, but they were all within 50 yards or so. But I wouldn't hesitate to use it out to 100.

The Ruger accounted for one bobcat & the AZ bear, both visible in this photo. Both were "targets of opportunity" at very close ranges. The lion on the table also succumbed to the Ruger, but it took a few shots.

8496newertr1[1].jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom