May 6--Sheep/Moose/Mnt. Goat/Buff Draw

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
May 6th - Tentative draw results for Moose, Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat and Wild Bison.

A couple of my bud's that I had a commitment with to help out on the Buff hunt if they drew, actually withdrew the appl. after the Very Low success letter was sent out to applicants.

This may be the very last year of the % split for tags if the !0%/90% rule change comes into play for 2022.

Robb

Probably have 1 more year after this one before 90/10 given the time frame of the task force. But I am sure there will be a thread to discuss it next year.

Excited to see the results! I never draw anything but anticipation is half the fun!

Probably have 1 more year after this one before 90/10 given the time frame of the task force. But I am sure there will be a thread to discuss it next year.

Excited to see the results! I never draw anything but anticipation is half the fun!
The President of WYOGA is going to request changes to the preference point system as well at the task force.

He wants a bonus point, rather than preference system because the current system is "not fair to new and youth hunters" to give those applicants a better chance.

The President of WYOGA is going to request changes to the preference point system as well at the task force.

He wants a bonus point, rather than preference system because the current system is "not fair to new and youth hunters" to give those applicants a better chance.

I guess I see where he is coming from and guess it could gain traction from those in the bottom or just getting into the points game, but feel like this would be a drastic change and would be met with push back. Since this would make everything quasi random would this kill the 2 separate tag allocations?

Could this also be done to encourage people to buy points every year?

Then make everything random so the youth and new hunters ten years from now still have an even chance.

Any point system picks "winners" based on the arbitrary date it started.

Cry me a river. I thought thats why we had general areas and point sharing. Bonus points are dumb

Does Sy understand that a third year youth would have 2 random numbers and I would have 17 at that point; pretty much doing the exact opposite of what he wants to accomplish?

I think he understands quite well what it would do for youth that don’t go on outfitted hunts versus that kids dad.

Does Sy understand that a third year youth would have 2 random numbers and I would have 17 at that point; pretty much doing the exact opposite of what he wants to accomplish?

I think he understands quite well what it would do for youth that don’t go on outfitted hunts versus that kids dad.
Sy knows it all...just ask him.

See above, your a broken record. Just skip to the insults. Very predictable from our favorite Wyoming expert on everything.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom