Utah (298 projects)
Virginia (400 projects)
Vermont (61 projects)
Washington (368 projects)
Wisconsin (358 projects)
West Virginia (1 projects)
Wyoming (85 projects)
http://www..stimuluswatch.org/project/by_state

What I find amusing is that the breadbasket states of Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas North and South Dakota and Nebraska total 790projects. Neighbor states of Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana total 2102 projects. Which states voted red and which states voted blue?
driftersifter

Try this link instead:

http://www.stimuluswatch.org/

then you can click on the state you want and see what your state is doing with the stimulus bill. A lot of these projects have just been proposed and are not necesarily "shovel ready" . Some of the ones here in Austin are really only pipe dreams that they applied for, hoping to get the money, but are nowhere near close to being "shovel ready".

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I like how they have it broken down, you can see where the waste is. Like the 17.5 billion dollar energy efficient industrial zones in Cidra, PR - it is the most expensive and one of the least critical.

Then again - it also shows some of the most critical too, like the Port of Anchorage improvement project.

It is a good tool.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I checked out my own city and low and behold the total was $60 million. Why don't more people know about this and the fact that have the power to actually opine and vote for each of these projects. This is brilliant!

I hope everyone of the over-opinionated blowhards such as myself on this website get on the stimuluswatch.org site and vote on their local projects.

I was surprised that it appeared as if only a couple of dozen people had actually voted or added comments on these proposed projects. I think the most votes on any 1 project either for or against was 18 people in a city of 65,000.

Is it the same for you Roy or are there more people involved down in your local area?

WOW...wtf has happened to the grand wizard Robert Byrd???? ....only a measley 1 project for west virginny...$700,000......he must be closer to death than I thought.

He was once the KING of pet projects...

I looked over California's 1971 projects and they nearly all go to blue counties..

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom