McGregor range muzzleloader antelope hunt

NMbornandraised

Hello, just drew my first military hunt on mcgregor range. Does anybody have any tips or any info they can provide at all? Will I receive an email with the steps I need to accomplish to hunt there? Thanks.

Tip #1 is to get down the headquarters early in the day before your hunt to get your access pass as it may very well take all day.

Tip #2 is to get yourself a Red Moo Cow decoy...

I Also had this tag last year, Non-military. I was lucky and harvested a decent one. Ask away or feel free to send me a message. Its a fun hunt.

Hunted it years ago. Son had youth tag there. Good hunt. Huge area. Not antelope everywhere. Get any first hand knowledge you can. Hunt goes fast.

Hunted it years ago. Son had youth tag there. Good hunt. Huge area. Not antelope everywhere. Get any first hand knowledge you can. Hunt goes fast.
That explains the need for PM's sent and requested. Big secret to unraveling its mysteries...

I don't have anything to offer on this other than congrats and that I've heard it's a fun hunt. I hope to participate in it myself at some point.

Don't know where you live, but if you can get down to Fort Bliss to get your access pass on a day other than the day before the hunt, you'll save yourself a lot of grief and frustration. Just make sure you have all the paperwork you'll need filled out in advance with copies. They won't let you make a copy there, and they're not afraid to send you packing if you don't have everything you need for your application. The access pass is good for a year, so recommend that you do it at your convenience well before the hunt, but also check to make sure you're not competing with the oryx, deer, or barbary hunters.

Don't know where you live, but if you can get down to Fort Bliss to get your access pass on a day other than the day before the hunt, you'll save yourself a lot of grief and frustration. Just make sure you have all the paperwork you'll need filled out in advance with copies. They won't let you make a copy there, and they're not afraid to send you packing if you don't have everything you need for your application. The access pass is good for a year, so recommend that you do it at your convenience well before the hunt, but also check to make sure you're not competing with the oryx, deer, or barbary hunters.
Thanks for the info, I live in Alamogordo so that’s no big deal. Does everyone coming with me also need to get a pass from Ft Bliss or just me?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom