MDF ASKS FOR HB469 VETO

Of course those tags would fetch the same numbers, but who's going to do it, the DWR?
They don't even have enough man power to police the hunting units, let alone assign the manpower and time to conduct these multiple auctions all around the state at 8pm.
These auctions are bounced around the state to allow tags to be auctioned in those respective regions, it would be a catastrophe trying to auction them all in one online event.....my head hurts even trying to fathom how this would work since I myself work these auctions.
I'm working the SLC banquet auction tonight in fact.

Um yeah, the DWR.

How many IT guys do you think it would take? 5-10?

How many DWR guys are at the booths?

It's not 1993 anymore.

I'm not even at your banquet, I'll tell you how it goes.

Small handful of outfitters, each with a phone, bidding on a tag. At the end of a time limit, one of them won.

EVERYTHING else your doing is fundraising.

Never said auctioned in the region, I said the money from them should go there

My wife has teams on 3 continents, managing billions of dollars, every day. From a room in my basement, it's not done with people with notebooks anymore

Um yeah, the DWR.

How many IT guys do you think it would take? 5-10?

How many DWR guys are at the booths?

It's not 1993 anymore.

I'm not even at your banquet, I'll tell you how it goes.

Small handful of outfitters, each with a phone, bidding on a tag. At the end of a time limit, one of them won.

EVERYTHING else your doing is fundraising.

Never said auctioned in the region, I said the money from them should go there

My wife has teams on 3 continents, managing billions of dollars, every day. From a room in my basement, it's not done with people with notebooks anymore
I'm not saying it cannot be done, but there is a reason it's not being done by the Division themselves.
It's most definitely not because the Director of Wildlife is being bought off by the Special Interest Groups.
They may do some questionable things, but a conspiracy isn't one of them.

It's most definitely not because the Director of Wildlife is being bought off by the Special Interest Groups.

That’s a tough sell when the president of a group walks into a public Wildlife Board meeting with a ceremonial check and demands the Board goes against a DWR recommendation in favor of what he’s asking, and the Board does just that.

Tough sell when we’ve seen promise after promise if you just give us more with very little to nothing to actually show for it. Give us the expo. Give us the tags. Those 200 tags will bring people in…but have you noticed some of those 200 tags are now turkey and even cow elk? I wonder what hunts those replaced on the list of 200 and where those tags ended up being auctioned instead?

Like I said…too much funny business that most aren’t even paying attention to for me to buy the above. But that’s just what these folks keep hoping: People will just keep looking at the big racks and not the things going on behind the curtain.

That’s a tough sell when the president of a group walks into a public Wildlife Board meeting with a ceremonial check and demands the Board goes against a DWR recommendation in favor of what he’s asking, and the Board does just that.

Tough sell when we’ve seen promise after promise if you just give us more with very little to nothing to actually show for it. Give us the expo. Give us the tags. Those 200 tags will bring people in…but have you noticed some of those 200 tags are now turkey and even cow elk? I wonder what hunts those replaced on the list of 200 and where those tags ended up being auctioned instead?

Like I said…too much funny business that most aren’t even paying attention to for me to buy the above. But that’s just what these folks keep hoping: People will just keep looking at the big racks and not the things going on behind the curtain.
I can respect your position on it ?

But Niller!

There's Your Opportunity For A COW KILLER Hunt Or a Gobbler Hunt!

Remember:

You Got PEAY To Play!

I'm not saying it cannot be done, but there is a reason it's not being done by the Division themselves.

It's not been even considered because the WB has been owned lock, stock, barrel by the same special interest group the lobbyist that came up with the concept represents.

Yeah, it will take a massive effort now. Not because it's wildly successful for wildlife, but because you'd be battling lobbyists for restaurants, hotels, transit, manufacturers, outfitters, vendors.

None of which give a rats azz about conservation. All of which have financial interests in seeing those tags increase traffic to their private buisness.

You're right, it's not some grand conspiracy. It's buisness and economics using "conservation" as a brand to increase both.

C'mon up @hossblur, I've got a winning ticket set aside just for you ?
Screenshot_20230325_150615_Gallery.jpg

Few years back there was a pink flamingo, lot of dudes on $40k airboats chased it?.

Canada honker.(Homer)
Good memory!
I was coffin hunting for Teal just outside of SaltAire one windy November day and Ol’ Pink Floyd came and landed about 60 yrds out.

Good memory!
I was coffin hunting for Teal just outside of SaltAire one windy November day and Ol’ Pink Floyd came and landed about 60 yrds out.

That's awesome.

We had an Egyptian goose up here that dudes chased all season, pretty sure it escaped too

I'll Quit Going To The EXPO Just For You Hossy Just As Soon As You Get The Other 49,000 People To Quit Going As Well!

Then You Can Stick a Feather In Your Hat!

No.

Just don't support the group that lead to the failure, then ***** about the fail.

Kinda like buying a 5.9 Cummins and bitching about the trans.

I'll Quit Going To The EXPO Just For You Hossy Just As Soon As You Get The Other 49,000 People To Quit Going As Well!

You're trying to get 75,000 "opportunity" hunters to quit so you can road hunt 200" bucks in the basin.

One of us is wanting things to be the way they were once.

The other is a plumber

I

200" Bucks in the Basin!:D

That's a Mud Dobbers Wet Dream Right There!

You're trying to get 75,000 "opportunity" hunters to quit so you can road hunt 200" bucks in the basin.

One of us is wanting things to be the way they were once.

The other is a plumber

I

Count me in as one of the 49K that will never go.
Maybe we need a signed petition of >49K Utah Sportsman that don’t agree with and will never attend the Expo for the legislature and WB to hold in their hands?
Fight fire with fire?

Count me in as one of the 49K that will never go.
Maybe we need a signed petition of >49K Utah Sportsman that don’t agree with and will never attend the Expo for the legislature and WB to hold in their hands?
Fight fire with fire?
Go for it. Nothing nor anyone is stopping you.

Petitions and legally organized protests are not unheard of, since before the founding of the nation.

Just a word of historic relivence, you won’t be the first one that’s tried, when it comes to this specific subject. There’s a pretty good pile of trash stacked out here from others as frustrated as you, that’s been building up.

But……… if your petition is going to get anybody, with enough power or influence to bring change, you be able to articulate a better world that you’re going to create, for big game sport hunting. Remember, nobody is going to believe it’s about needing the meat, ever again.

Go for it. Nothing nor anyone is stopping you.

Petitions and legally organized protests are not unheard of, since before the founding of the nation.

Just a word of historic relivence, you won’t be the first one that’s tried, when it comes to this specific subject. There’s a pretty good pile of trash stacked out here from others as frustrated as you, that’s been building up.

But……… if your petition is going to get anybody, with enough power or influence to bring change, you be able to articulate a better world that you’re going to create, for big game sport hunting. Remember, nobody is going to believe it’s about needing the meat, ever again.

This is why having guys like Lumpy around is valuable. We don't always agree, but damn the man has wisdom.

That last sentence is undeniable.

I don't like organized protest.

I'd prefer dudes just look at the facts, look at surrounding states, and realize, we have been played.

Drug dealers know, if you give "a little taste" for free, the addict will come back forever.

$fw uses the same model. Give tge Joes a little taste, and they will blindly follow along for "just a little more"

It's effective as hell.

Well said Lumpy. That last sentence sums up modern hunting 100%

But Hossy!

They haven't Gave Me A Taste Yet?

This is why having guys like Lumpy around is valuable. We don't always agree, but damn the man has wisdom.

That last sentence is undeniable.

I don't like organized protest.

I'd prefer dudes just look at the facts, look at surrounding states, and realize, we have been played.

Drug dealers know, if you give "a little taste" for free, the addict will come back forever.

$fw uses the same model. Give tge Joes a little taste, and they will blindly follow along for "just a little more"

It's effective as hell.

Well said Lumpy. That last sentence sums up modern hunting 100%

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom