Me and My Boys 2022 Hunts Part 3

SoloHNTR

This one is actually about my Dad. I go on one hunt every year that is just him and I. Last years was a great hunt. He had a good tag and we had a full week to hunt. He is starting to get older and has a bum leg that can't bend. So I know my time hunting hard with him won't last to much longer and I try and enjoy these weeks as much as possible.

This one had a lot of ups and downs.

It started off with me wrecking my truck on the drive there. All the damage was actually underneath. I ended up breaking my thumb and tore a bunch of ligaments in my hand.
Oh and this made us miss opening day. Which on this hunt is a big deal.
1.5.JPG

Once we finally borrowed a truck and got to the unit the next two days were awesome. We saw a ton of bucks. My Dad passed 2-3 bucks that he probably should have taken:) He's an old timer and has taken a lot of deer. I was dying watching those bucks walking away.

On the third day huge rain and thunder storms rolled in and stayed for the next 3+ days. This is a migration hunt and really changed things. We were seeing 20+ bucks a day. once the storms hit that went down to about 5. The biggest bucks we had been seeing had disappeared.

We hunted hard though even through the rain we never went back to camp. Here are a few pics from when it wasn't raining.
6.JPG

That rainbow literally touches a meadow where we saw a really nice buck. Another one my dad passed. We almost took him though it was a tough decision.
8.JPG

Toward the end of our time finally came across a few decent bucks and my Dad made his decision. After a half mile stock we were on them and my dad made a great shot.
21.JPG
14.JPG
18.JPG
26.JPG

With the buck down and only the trip back left we had one more bump in the road. The truck we ended up having to borrow broke down in the middle of no where:( Luckily we got it towed to the nearest towns autozone and were able to fix it and get home late that night.
31.JPG

I do not look forward to the day that this yearly hunt doesn't take place. I am grateful for this time together every year.

Last edited:
none of these hunts look very "solo"... starting to question your avatar there?

good stuff man (y)
LOL! Ya life has changed a lot over the past 4 years. 1 hunt with my Dad and 2-3 solo hunts was my every year for 15 years. Now I have kids, my dad and for the first time an actual non family hunting partner. I'm lucky if I get 1 solo weekend a year.

Definitely no complaints here it is great to share all of this with people I care about.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom