mean turkey

littlebull209338

Last Thursday was cold and wet where I was hunting. I got my first tom in the morning and it was now 11:00Am when I was able to call two hens and two toms in. I shot one of the toms and when his buddy saw him hit the ground and do his death dance he jumped on him. I had seen this on TV but never in person. This vicious, mean, SOB proceeded to peck his eyes, grab him by the head and drag him around and at times lifting him nearly off the ground for 15 minutes. I got sick of seeing this pshyco turkey getting his revenge so I chased him off. I have seen big game animals vent but nothing like this. I thought I might have to shoot him in self defense....HA !

Wait Till You See A Herd Bull Bison Hit the Ground & 60 other Buffalo do their Thing!

I've Seen the Gobbler Deal Many times as Well!

Stopped once and got out of my truck to take pics of some young toms. I couldn't believe it when they "attacked"! Trying to rake me with their spurs, jumping in the air, etc. To me, not really vicious, but kinda funny. I videotaped the whole affair!;)

2013-05-03 22.14.59.jpg

Sorry...I'd started shooting in self defense..don't pack pepper spray in Turkey Country..

Sorry about that. It is the opening title page of my video. It is a pretty amateurish video, and it is directly burned to a DVD from an old outdated video camcorder. I don't want to youtube it. I just did it to share with my family and friends, using a dvd copying program. pm if interested; I would send a copy. It is only an 8 min. video.

Last edited:
Hey Pete?

It Took Only 8 minutes to get Your Butt Kicked by a couple of Jakes?:D:D:D

Sorry about that. It is the opening title page of my video. It is a pretty amateurish video, and it is directly burned to a DVD from an old outdated video camcorder. I don't want to youtube it. I just did it to share with my family and friends, using a dvd copying program. pm if interested; I would send a copy. It is only an 8 min. video.

I would enjoy turkey hunting a lot more if they bum rushed my truck. Dang things haul azz when I slam the car door almost every time. :cry:

I would enjoy turkey hunting a lot more if they bum rushed my truck. Dang things haul azz when I slam the car door almost every time. :cry:

Funny.....ones round here used to gobble their asses off when you'd slam a truck door.

I pass a small farm on my way to work, I'm guessing 4H kids. They have goats chickens, little cows and 2 big white turkeys. I lay on the horn when I go by early and I can see them two big things do the gobble motion. Neighbors probably hate me.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom