Meat grinder questions

Fishingkid

I currently have a cheap electric meat grinder from harbor freight. I have only used it on 3 deer so far. I am looking to up my game and begin making different types of sausage and grind up some ground. What should I be looking for in a meat grinder for home use doing 2 deer a year with a occasional elk every few years. I see they make several different models and horse power’s what size would be efficient to grind and stuff some sausage? I have Cabela’s points I am looking to burn any advice?

Get at least a 1/2 hp and I would check out pawn shop center selling stuff that’s how I bought mine they are a lot cheaper

I bought a Cabela’s middle of the road grinder several years ago. I got 2 elk and 1 antelope this past year and ground around 100 lbs. no complaints

The cabelas commercial ones are great...I personally know butchers doing 300 to 400 deer a year that use them. As long as it has plenty of hp, Just change out the screen and blade as necessary. A grinder is only as good as it's components.

Sometimes you can buy used ones pretty cheap. Im always looking for a deal on hobarts. I think they are top shelf when it comes to grinders.

Cabelas, 1/2 or 3/4 horse works great, comes with sausage stuffer and everything you need. We love ours ?

I agree. If you consistently do more than 1 to 2 animals per year and are serious about doing it yourself, do yourself a favor and get a good one. A favorite of mine is the weston pro 1 hp. No need to even help the meat along...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom