Meat locker around Farson WY

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Going to take my son antelope hunting in area 92. Going to camp and hunt the north end of the unit. Does anyone know of a meat locker to hang game for a few days in Farson? Or would we have to go to Rock Springs?
Thanks
Bill

Take salt and pepper and you can eat a good portion before you even have to cool it! Seriously, do what LBH says and get a medium sized cooler and buy a couple blocks of ice in Farson. Get some ice cream too.(y) Good Luck!-----SS

Thank guys
Usually I debone and put in my ice chests. But if a walk in cooler is close by I like to hang the carcass a few days and then cut it up as I leave for home.

Thank guys
Usually I debone and put in my ice chests. But if a walk in cooler is close by I like to hang the carcass a few days and then cut it up as I leave for home.
I took bigger coolers last time I went pronghorn hunting and fit the antelope bone in with ice in two coolers. I let it sit on ice for a week before I deboned and packaged to fly back to AK with me

Not sure I would wait till you get to Farson for ice. Slim pickin's there. Be a long drive back to RS or Pinedale. You should get an ice cream there though! Block ice is sometimes hard to find around here for some odd reason.

The airbnb or vrbo rentals are great if the home has a good size fridge freezer. Separating the muscle groups, then wrap and freeze for the trip home.

Depending on which direction you are from Farson, there is a guy in lander cutting meat and he will hang stuff in his cooler for fee.

Thank guys
It can cure in the cooler and fridge when you get home for a week, then cut it up, and your good to go. Getting the hide of and cooling it down faster is my priority for good tasting lope. The service station in Farson has ice. Have fun.

Lander… if going north
E77005AD-AF6B-4DBC-88BB-10FDB69AE45F.jpeg

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom