Mendocino NF Closed

Hntndux

When you thought it couldn't get worse, now Mendocino NF is the latest to close. Hopefully it at least opens before the end of A zone.

Yea i saw they blocked off 162 at eel river this morning , can’t even access trail heads in the yolla bollies

My friend was threatened with a 5k fine from the forest cops in Eldorado NF. He was working on a inholding Cabin and the cop said he needed owner written permission. The cop left it as a warning.

This State thinks it is everyone's Mom and Dad. They think they need to tell us what we can and can't do.
No Johnny you can't play by the river you might drown......
No you can't drive in a NF you might start a fire....WTF

How about this! A man with some common sense, Modoc County Sheriff to USFS sup who closed everything up.

IMG_1777.jpg

He gets it for sure. Not surprising in modoc County even though it is Kali, those folks up there are salt of the earth.

Too bad that even if he refused (which he didn't say he would) to arrest or charge someone the FS cop probably will and fish and game likely would pursue charges as well. And it would probably be dealt with in Federal Court so the DA probably couldn't make it go away.

These closures will be tested, maybe heavily by hunters, we will see what it brings.

He gets it for sure. Not surprising in modoc County even though it is Kali, those folks up there are salt of the earth.

Too bad that even if he refused (which he didn't say he would) to arrest or charge someone the FS cop probably will and fish and game likely would pursue charges as well. And it would probably be dealt with in Federal Court so the DA probably couldn't make it go away.

These closures will be tested, maybe heavily by hunters, we will see what it brings.
The sheriff can strip the forest service of all its law enforcement power. The El dorado County Sheriff did this to the Forest Service on his local forest in 2013.

Last edited:
Years back, was bow hunting in 3b, ran into local warden Cal Albright, ( since retired) he was down to earth kind of guy, he invited us to his camp at Dismal Swamp area, where he had a campfire. I might be wrong, but I would bet he wouldn't enforce this stuff either. Point is some guys work for the government /state, some for the people.
Mike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom