message for swbuckmaster

Pm sent

Why is this site the worst out for browsing with
a phone or posting with a phone?

and swb just put an end to this thread.... :)
Pm probably went something like this... Thanks but don't be broadcasting to the world!
lol

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

>and swb just put an end
>to this thread.... :)
>Pm probably went something like this...
>Thanks but don't be broadcasting
>to the world!
>lol
>
>Mntman
>
>"Hunting is where you prove yourself"
>
>
>
>Let me guess, you drive a
>1 ton with oak trees
>for smoke stacks, 12" lift
>kit and 40" tires to
>pull a single place lawn
>mower trailer?

I'm guessin that's just about right! Course I'd a done the same!

I didnt put an end to any thread. If I see this buck ill show some video

>I didnt put an end to
>any thread. If I see
>this buck ill show some
>video
>
>

>
>Why is this site the worst
>out for browsing with
>a phone or posting with a
>phone?

Cant wait fellers!

Roadless did you get my pm? I gave you my number. Ill be out of cell service in about ten minutes.

I think I sent the PM right this time. My dad is on the mountain until midday tomorrow. If you see him maybe you can convince him to tell you the location. It would be nice to give Black Timber some competition on this deer. Not sure if they have seen him, but if they have I'm sure they will be after him. The unit has taken a hug downturn over the last 3 years. It may be 5 to 10 years before we see a rebound. We will just put in for points for the next few year and hope it improves.

Gonna be Interesting to see if this is the same Buck I seen 2 years ago?

How bout a Pic?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

any buck with double droppers will be awesome to see! Hope you see him to share pics!
Also, I was just joking with my first comment. :D

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

>any buck with double droppers will
>be awesome to see! Hope
>you see him to share
>pics!
>Also, I was just joking with
>my first comment. :D
>
>Mntman
>
>"Hunting is where you prove yourself"
>
>
>
>Let me guess, you drive a
>1 ton with oak trees
>for smoke stacks, 12" lift
>kit and 40" tires to
>pull a single place lawn
>mower trailer?

All my comments were just jokin except that I can't wait to see a pic...double drop lots a trash....not somethin u see everyday

I'm roadless' dad and just got back from Juan. Great country down there. I have hunted there 4 times myself and a few other times with the kids when they have drawn out. My youngest son drew out with only one point the last time he drew, the lucky buggar. The herd is down this year and big bucks are really hard to find. Even does and small bucks are more scarce than in years past. I only saw the one great buck in 4 days and maybe 10 others good ones pushing 30 inches wide, but nothing over 30.

The buck in question is the first drop tine buck I have seen in 50 years of hunting, and had the most points I have ever seen on a buck. He could be a cactus buck. I didn't get a very good picture of him, but you can see the two drop points on one side just fine in my picture. I sent the picture to my son so he can post it. I don't know how to do it myself. The top points are party obscured by tree branches in my picture, but it was the best I could get.

My friend was down there for 5 days before I arrived and didn't see the non-typical until I found it and told him where it was. Both of his vidio cameras were not working, so when he found it he got a short video clip of it with his still camera set on video mode. We froze some frames and from the front you can only see about 8 points per side, but on a frame with a side view, we counted at least 16 points on the side with the drop points, not counting the drop points and the brow tine. He thinks he can see a third shorter drop point on that side and a short one on the other side. but I couldn't see them. The other side had a few less points, but more than 12 I think. He also has super massive bases on his antlers.

I may have seen you and your daughter there Sunday morning. If so, I appologize for spooking the big boy away from the road a few minutes earlier. He was right next to the road when I drove up on him on my 4-wheeler. I was looking down over the side into the trees and didn't see him until he took off from the side of the road. If that was you, you were down over the side of the hill a little ways looking at 5 bucks, and walking back up to your truck when I came by. If that was you and your daughter, you were in the right place for the big boy. He was just 200-300 yards farther south. There is also a 30" 4 point and a 30" two point and a bunch of smaller ones in that same area, but hardly any other bucks and few does for miles around.

There was a dead cow 100 yards east of the cattle guard north of the Bears Ears and we saw a dozen buzzards and several bears feeding on it the last two days I was there. My friend got some pictures from 20 yards and kept going back because he said he wanted some closer ones. He finally got a picture of a diferent and bigger bear a mile from the dead cow. He got ahead of it's path of travel and got a picture from about 10' away. That was a lot closer than I want to get to a bear. He'll probably get et' by one someday if he keeps that up.

bugleb do you remember what color and make of truck I was driving? This would eliminate any confusion of people that weekend. I remember a guy driving by me but I was focused on the deer to remember what kind of wheeler he was driving at that time. I did pass another guy less than five minutes away who had a camera and was standing off the side of the road. I waved and went on by.

Now that a super buck.
Get a rope and tie him to a tree.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Thanks paul for the info. Hopfully I can find him. Getting an arrow in him would be a dream come true.

Have you seen him sw?

We need a better Pic!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

>Have you seen him sw?
>
>We need a better Pic!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red
>Hot Barrel & My Dead
>Cold Hands I Shall go
>down Fighting for American Pride
>& Rights!
>I Know I'm Out Numbered by
>Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll
>Throw Their Hands in the
>air & I know I
>can't Lick the U.S. Military
>by Myself when they Turn
>on us but I'll make
>
>you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a
>Situation where I Hope to
>Hell All Americans become True
>Americans once again & Stand
>up for their Rights!

+1 I thought there was video?

I agree that SW needs to hammer that stud, but the rest of us mere mortals need another picture or two of that HODAD buck. Daaamn Nice!

Very interesting thread going on here, one that i and lots of other guys here will be checking back in on.

For the newer guys among us, swbuckmaster's was, a few years ago, one of most frequently mentioned names in a popular Monster Muleys Poll thread asking who we thought was the best trophy muley hunter here. The guy has a rep of getting it done on big bucks!

Good luck swb!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Roadless, what is the other guys name? He's an older gentleman from AZ and comes and films the mules up there every year. He's had a web page I've looked at before but I can't remember what it is either?? Thanks

>Very interesting thread going on here,
>one that i and lots
>of other guys here will
>be checking back in on.
>
>
>For the newer guys among us,
>swbuckmaster's was, a few years
>ago, one of most frequently
>mentioned names in a popular
>Monster Muleys Poll thread asking
>who we thought was the
>best trophy muley hunter here.
>The guy has a rep
>of getting it done on
>big bucks!
>
>Good luck swb!!
>
>Joey
>
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

Well then got-r-done so we get a better look at that stud!

Thanks for the complement sage! Hope I can live up to it.
Although this buck is cool and a dream buck my goal is a 180^ buck. If for some reason I cant get it done my daughter is going to shoot one of the huge 2x3's ive been seeing on the last couple of days of my hunt with the youth mentor tag. I think she is as excited as I am about this hunt.
here is a photo of a shed she found last weekend
142020140809_193206.jpg

you guys can follow my hunt on the hunt challenge page ill be up dating it after my hunt.

My buddy Yoda from Arizona hasn't sent me the video clip yet, but he probably will when he gets around to it. In the clip, the buck is in the wide open facing toward Yoda and then he turns and walks off into the brush. We froze the frame after he turned and counted at least 16 points on one side not counting the brow tine and two drop points.

Good luck SW. If you get him, we can get a good count on the points on each side. If not, there are a few other shooters on the unit this year. When my son Roadless was 15 in 1996, he got his 33" 4X5 1/2 mile NE of where this big non-typical is hanging out.

Me, Yoda and Roadless will be heading to the Greys River country on Sept 13 for the Sept 15 Wyoming rifle opener. Didn't apply for any Utah general season tags this year due to the "pick your ridge" limitation on where you can hunt now.

Thanks for all the info and good luck on your hunt

You'll never regret the time spent with your daughters SW.

Every mule deer hunt is rewarding and it's such as rich heritage we can't get enough of it. When add in a little extra age and size to the equation and the entire experience takes another quantum leap in the expectation, anticipation and memory departments.

Whatever happens, this hunt will be different from the norm and she will remember it as, "the time I hunted the San Juan, behind the Bear's Ears, with Dad".

Above all else, have a great time Mr. SWBuckMaster!

DC

Bulgeb,

Your friend Yoda, has had a website in the past. I forget his name and does he still have a website with the video of the bucks he's filmed over the years?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom