Mexico Coues deer Outfitter?

honkerdwn

Looking for some helpful information. I'm wanting to do a Coues deer hunt in 2021-2022 and have been talking back and forth with Rancho Bonito Trophy Hunts. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with them and could share how it went. Like I said I've spoke with them a few times gathering information and they seem to be very professional and on point with what they have to offer. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

thanks,
HD

I have no experience with the outfitter mentioned. I have hunted with Coues Outfitters, twice. Bobby Boido does a solid job - not particularly fancy, but great country and a fair hunt.
Bill

I have no experience with the outfitter mentioned. I have hunted with Coues Outfitters, twice. Bobby Boido does a solid job - not particularly fancy, but great country and a fair hunt.
Bill
Hi Bill, thanks for replying. Wondering if you could tell me about your experience and maybe share a picture or two of deer you seen or took. my goal is a 100" deer Bobby says that's very possible. I realize hunting is hunting and nothing is guaranteed but wanting to put myself in the best situation i can as I don't know if this will happen again for me.

Honkerdwn,

I have hunted with Bobby twice. I took a mid 90's buck one year, and the second time passed many 90's, waiting for the 100"+.
I did have a shot at a 100"+ buck that trip, and missed a rather easy shot (275yds). Totally my fault, I had all the time in the world.

I think you have a reasonable chance to take a buck over 100". You will in all likelihood have to pass many smaller bucks first. Most of his hunters are satisfied with smaller bucks, so expect others in camp to shoot smaller bucks. That just leaves the big ones for us!

The big ones aren't plentiful, but they are there. There really are lots of bucks in the 90's, but I suppose it might depend on the year and moisture levels.

Send me a PM and I'm happy to talk by phone.

Bill

Hey honker, pm me about Mex Coues, if your looking to go 2022. I killed a great buck in 2019 with Amigos Outfitters.
Hank

Thanks everyone for all your input. Much appreciated. Ill be sure to do a show and tell when this hunt is complete!! Cant wait!!

I can help you with coues deer hunts if you're not booked yet and want to see other options. I am an outfitter in sonora for coues, mule deer and desert bighorn sheep: (www.dericklopezoutfitter.com) I have plenty of references for you to contact and ask about my hunts. I have a great coues ranch with a lot of game, i take care of this place year long. Hope i can help amigo,

IMG_4992.JPG

IMG_2886.JPG

IMG_2995.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG

IMG_1948.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG

In general
Do you guys bring your horns and capes back
On the plane or do they ship everything?
You are able to take your trophies back with you in plane, the only reason some hunters leave them for export is they are afraid a mean fish&wildlife guy checks their capes at arrival in US and takes them away. The only times I tell my clients to leave them is when deer are full of ticks. If this is not the case I just tell them to fly back with them.

Does anyone have any tricks that can be done to get the ticks off of a hide before bringing them back? Or is it just tweezers and picking?

hmmmm seems like I've heard of something like this before but I thought it was with a can of starter fluid. But I guess the can of Raid would do the job.

The word I was given, FWIW, by guys experienced with tick infested capes from MX, is that if the capes have ticks, don't even bother trying to get them cleaned up well enough for border crossing. I'm told you will probably never get them all out. You have to freeze the cape anyway, and then thaw it back out before crossing. And provide the agent with a signed form that promises you did that. It's not that the hundreds or even thousands of ticks just have to be dead, but rather there can be absolutely no trace of ticks or tick parts anywhere on the cape. I've been told that if a cape has ticks, you're better off to just toss it and plan to get a different cape later.

Capes are being checked with a fine tooth comb at the Nogales border station. And if given enough time, they will ALWAYS manage to find part of a tick. Most of the agents are decent, and if you do your prep correctly, no problem. If you get a prick (luck of the draw) it won't matter what you did to prepare the cape, it will be confiscated. Most outfitters are losing about 5-10% of capes, but generally have spares.
Put in your best effort to remove ticks, but recognize it is not entirely within anyone's control. Such is the state of our southern border.

Bill

Capes are being checked with a fine tooth comb at the Nogales border station. And if given enough time, they will ALWAYS manage to find part of a tick. Most of the agents are decent, and if you do your prep correctly, no problem. If you get a prick (luck of the draw) it won't matter what you did to prepare the cape, it will be confiscated. Most outfitters are losing about 5-10% of capes, but generally have spares.
Put in your best effort to remove ticks, but recognize it is not entirely within anyone's control. Such is the state of our southern border.

Bill
but if you are from central america, you can have a backpack full of whatever you want and you get a welcome handshake, a democrat voter registration card and a free bus ride to where ever you want....

but if you are from central america, you can have a backpack full of whatever you want and you get a welcome handshake, a democrat voter registration card and a free bus ride to where ever you want....
Exactly, and if you miss the buss, you can discard all water bottles, tuna cans or Jumex cans all over the US side of the boarder....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom