Mexico Vacay?

legacy

Very Active Member
This next summer my wife and I are thinking about going on a "budget friendly" trip to Mexico with another couple. We've heard some not-so-great things about Mexico and have even been told not to go because of "violence". We're trying to decide if we're actually going to go through with it. Anyone have any recent experience with vacationing down there? We've considered all-inclusive type resorts and are maybe interested in visited some of the ruins. I've found that maybe you could get away with spending $3,000 - $4,000 total (per couple) including air fare? That's kind of what our budget would be I think.

My Son just went down there last Month. Mexican Police were heavily Armed and he kept a low Profile.

If I were to suggest a Trip, Try Germany or many other Countries.

Emerald Waterways has many nice River trips.

Jagerdad :)

>Hard to beat: https://www.emeraldwaterways.com/
>
>Jagerdad :)

Actually, I'd rather do something like this than Mexico! I think it would be amazing. It's the other 2 women that will need convincing!
We've talked about Europe already. We REALLY want to go to Amsterdam. Germany, Italy, etc would ALL be pretty awesome! Airfare might be the killer for Europe though (haven't looked into it close enough yet though). Now, If I could afford to fly on KLM's 787 direct from Salt Lake to Schiphol I'm in!

>id rather vacation in Afganistan then
>mexico

LMAO! You're not the first person I've heard that from.

BS
Mexico is just fine... We go a couple times a year. Don't let others talk you out of it that don't go themselves. Don't believe everything you hear... Now would I walk around Mexico City at night? Hell no! Everything is safe at the resorts.
Your budget is easily doable for all inclusive 5 star resorts.

Let me know if you need help or advice my fianc? owns a travel agency and does more trips there than anywhere else.

>BS
>Mexico is just fine... We go
>a couple times a year.
>Don't let others talk you
>out of it that don't
>go themselves. Don't believe everything
>you hear... Now would I
>walk around Mexico City at
>night? Hell no! Everything is
>safe at the resorts.
>Your budget is easily doable for
>all inclusive 5 star resorts.
>
>
>Let me know if you need
>help or advice my fianc?
>owns a travel agency and
>does more trips there than
>anywhere else.

Yeah, I'll take any advice and recommendations I can get!
Where are your choice places to go?

>$652 Round Trip Salt Lake City
>to Frankfurt Germany.
>
>Use British Airways when possible but
>Air Canada, Alaskan, Lufthansa are
>great.
>
>I always get the Seats that
>roll out into a Bed
>and have a TV. This
>allows me to arrive fully
>rested.
>
>Jagerdad :)

That's pretty reasonable airfare IMO.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-18 AT 04:51PM (MST)[p]isn't it ironic that so many Mexicans are trying to come to America and Americans go vacation there???

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-18
>AT 04:51?PM (MST)

>
>isn't it ironic that so many
>Mexicans are trying to come
>to America and Americans go
>vacation there???

Should we just swap?

Great place to stay away from.
JMHO!

Norkal

"One can take my life but not my faith or my
confidence"
"I fear none and respect all"

I HAVE HAD, Two different Families, both friends on mine, have a Loved One Die in Mexico, and Mexico held their Bodies Ransom until Many Thousands of Dollars were sent to weird MEXICAN GOVERNMENT Addresses.

The weird aspects is such addresses were legitimate Mexican Governmental addresses but unless you have an American who passed away, none of us could have learned of their address or FEE'S.

I have FAMILY who live in Mexico and only they "THEY" can protect you when there. I would never go to Mexico. Germany and all other Countries, Spain included + Greece, Italy, Sardinia, are great.

PLUS, do just a tiny bit of "SCOUTING" and it is very cheap.

I also enjoyed London then a Jaguar Rental car that I drove to Bath England, Played there and the Yee-Old-Pump-House then met my buddy (A MM'Y Member) in Taunton Sumerset where we Hunted Roe Bucks and had Beer in a 12th Century Pub.

Jagerdad :)

The owner of the sawmill I worked at took his supervisors and their wives to Mexico every year. One year they got down there and got into a big brawl at a bar. One supervisor ended up at the Mexican hospital. He got a cast on one leg almost up to his thigh. As soon as he got out they decided to fly home.

The supervisor with the cast hobbled around at work for about a week until he could get in to see his own doctor. His own doctor took an x-ray, and come to find out his leg never was broke.

They never went back to Mexico after that.

>The owner of the sawmill I
>worked at took his supervisors
>and their wives to Mexico
>every year. One year they
>got down there and
>got into a big brawl
>at a bar. One supervisor
>ended up at the Mexican
>hospital. He got a cast
>on one leg almost up
>to his thigh. As soon
>as he got out they
>decided to fly home.
>
>The supervisor with the cast hobbled
>around at work for about
>a week until he could
>get in to see his
>own doctor. His own doctor
>took an x-ray, and come
>to find out his leg
>never was broke.
>
>They never went back to Mexico
>after that.

What did an Un-Needed Cast in Mexico Cost?:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-18 AT 00:00AM (MST)[p]A friend of mine flies to Cozumel with his gal-friend on a package deal a couple times a year and loves it. Super cheap beach vacay, like about 2 grand, all-inclusive for a week. Myself I'm heading back to Hermosilla this coming Jan for archery Coues deer. Blue skies, no rain and high 70's temps for a week is a nice break in January. Worry less, live more, is my approach.

Listen to Jager. With risk of getting myself in trouble, I consider anyone here a friend. That being said, with regard to classified information I get daily from the feds, Mexico is NOT SAFE for travel and you would not go if you knew what I do. Pick another vacation spot. It is just not good right now.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

My 2 brothers and family have been to Italy twice. Loved it. Good food/wine, micro brews, lots of sightseeing.

Myself, I hunt and fish! LOL.

Put the Travel Zoo app on your phone and get the weekly top 20. My wife and I make it a point to travel out of the country every year and using TZ we do it a lot cheaper than 3k. We have been to Ireland Greece Canada Germany Costa Rica and a few others. We are going to Italy in April and you can do some all inclusive trips pretty cheap. Oh and we are going to Aruba in this coming Jan also.

Fiji is really friendly if you want to fly that far. If you do, get as far away from Nadi as possible. There?s Fijians, whom I really like, and then there are Indio-fijians, whom I do not like, there are lots of them around Nadi. Hasbean

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom