Michelle Obama's recent remarks

202typical

Long Time Member
"For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country,"

The press needs to back off the woman. They are making a big deal about nothing. It is obvious she meant she is proud for the first time about the politics of America.

What say you?

"Thanks climate PhD 202" - TFinalshot Feb-05-08, 02:16 PM (MST)

I think that she ment what she said. The first amendment allows us the freedom of speech, but I think if you are the wife of a presidential candidate you should watch very carefully what you say, and how you say it.
I for one can think of a number of things that make me proud of my country. It's a shame that "for the first time in her adult life she is proud of her country".

It was a dumb thing to say but I agree she was talking about politics in America.

One thing about this Obama run for president , even if he loses and he won't it's going to be hard to say from here on out that a black man doesn't get a fair shake in this country. I think that might be part of what she was saying as well, for a black man to get as much of the white vote as he's getting shows a pretty color blind society. this would have to be good for long term race relations I'd think.

I totally agree Dude. This is going to put a hurt lock on the welfare pimps like Sharpton and Jackson. I believe the NAACP did not back Obama for just the reason you stated.
If he does win I would like for him to have a whiteless cabnet.
Maybe then we can be done with this whole race card crap and instead go the "the guy that made those comments is a dumb a$$" instead of a racist.

"Thanks climate PhD 202" - TFinalshot Feb-05-08, 02:16 PM (MST)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom