Middle fork late season

Handloader

Been looking at maps for a late season deer/elk fly in hunt, would like to run some ideas by those who have been there. Please send me a message so we can talk privately. Thank you

The pilot companies are probably your best info source. I haven't flown in but I've hunted the Frank early and late.

You'll find lower densities of elk than you expect. Lots of predation issues there still that aren't such a problem in many other areas anymore due to their remote winter range.

The thing I didn't expect was the smaller than average antler size on deer and elk in there. You'll find that in Fish and Game management plans, comments from bios, and pictures on outfitter websites. The animals can grow old there but aren't big for their age. Lots of elk never reach 300" and deer never reach 170".

With the growth in hunter numbers there in the last few years, the pressure has increased as well. There are 7 outfitters in unit 27 alone.

The wilderness experience is awesome. Be careful with the serious weather they get and crazy steep terrain. The hunting is pretty tough. In November you'll see deer. You might want to pull the trigger on the first decent 4 point you see.

Thank you for the replies so far. Quality does not seem to be there so far throughout all
The research I have done
So far. Definitely wanting the experience aspect more, so that is ok.

Others are spot on, antlers are smaller, country is rugged, game density is low...you can hike through miles of good country without finding tracks....but you only need one buck/bull...my best hunting memories are there. Hunt the breaks..

good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom