Middle Rio Grande Elk Management

Just went on a hunt this last week for a cow hunt with son in law it’s tuff never saw one but they are definitely in there hunted hard and walked a lot in the river bed could hear them in there but couldn’t see them if it’s a regular price tag it’s fun me son in law payed 800.00 dollars he just wanted to hunt.

I have been on this hunt a few times and there is elk there but I have yet to see one! Some of the most elk I track I have ver seen but an incredibly hard hunt and appears the elk are very wise to this! As much track and trails as there are you’d swear you would bump something and walking a mile on an area only 2 - 300 wide is tuff. It’s super think and muddy and if you get a shot it’s gonna be super close and very fast! Someone how they say there’s like 20 tags but you will see 50 trucks.

Majority of fields on the maps I had a hard time finding based on the maps and onX and it kind of didn’t matter as when I scouted I never saw an elk before am and watched several fields until it was dark.

Best advice find some super active trails or rub areas and cow call periodically and try to call them in like coyotes on blind sets. Only way I have heard of people being successful.

Kind of a bummer to go in and be so hopeful and really just cruise and walk the river. Take fishing pole. Just the experiences I have had unfortunately.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom