Mild winter?

35huntdeer

Was just wondering if the winter has been mild in western wyoming, as it has been across much of the west? How are the deer doing?

I'm in southwest wy. So far the winter has been very mild. We've had a few short cold snaps, but they weren't anything like they could be. Even then the sun was out in the daytime, so the critters could soak up the rays. Very little snow and the south facing slopes are pretty much bare in the low country. If we hold our breath for another month, maybe we can make it through this winter before winter gets here.

its been very mild. lot of days being in the 40's. heck a few days of some 50's. im thinking come march we will get dumped on with snow. the mountains are even looking a little bare. i drive across the state a lot and i been seeing tons of deer. a lot of fawns this year.

Thats good to hear! Hopefully, if we do end up getting some big storms in the spring, the deer will be strong enough to make it through...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom