Minimum spend for quality scope.

Katoom

Looking for a true and honest answer to this topic and brand/model suggestions. No bells and whistles needed or wanted - but durable and fogproof and reliable. Assume it will mostly be used on elk/mule deer, occasional antelope. 3-9x or so. Affordable but not “cheap”. Needed to help equip a friend, otherwise I’d go with my usual gold ring, and yes I know that with most scopes, you get what you pay for!

That’s the range I am interested in for this project. Surprised to see a Nikon in that zone. I’ll look into that for sure.

other than the price (around 120 on sale).....which makes me wonder.... the nikon prostaff looks like it should make it through at least one season. After that.... or the 1st hard bump.....who knows. but the price is right.

Last edited:
Is that true? That would be too bad to lose a good brand from the mix. I guess I wouldn't purchase something terribly expensive if that were the case.

I have really liked my Nikon scopes, but with the changes they have made to their warranty and the fact they are no longer making scopes, I won't ever buy Nikon again. I have been impressed with my new Vortex viper 4-16x44 scope. I got it from a friend for 325.00

Redfield. We have a couple , for the money no issues yet and they are accurate.
Redfield Revolution with accu range reticle , 3-9x40 or 4-12x40 is what we have. No sure I would go the accu range reticle for big game though.

I bought A Burris full field about 10 years ago and put it on my 270 WSM and that has been a damn good scope. Minor adjustments in between hunts . I did just buy a Nikon Black X1000 4-16x50 to replace it and put the Burris on my son's Creedmoor. I was hesitant to buy a Nikon as most of my other big bore scopes are Viper HST. Just hope it holds up and it was on sale at Sportsmans for $500 so thought I give it a try. I finally drew a rifle deer tag so hope it don't let me down. ?

I run a Hunting rental business and I look through a lot of glass and have the opportunity to compare a lot of stuff side by side. Its not the cheapest stuff on the market ($1000+ for the top tier line) but what you get for the money is no comparison to other manufacturers. Look at Maven Optics, I personally (for myself, not the business) won't buy anything else. Lifetime warranty and will go head to head with items 2x-3x the price. I run an add here on the MMuleys site, if you want to demo something before you drop real money on stuff take a look at our site. www.deepwoodsrentals.com
Id be happy to answer any questions when it comes to direct comparisons too, just hit me up. Have a lot of experience behind Vortex and Maven.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom