Missing Trail Camera

GunCarver

I was a little late getting my trail cameras retrieved this year, and now one of them is missing. It is a Bushnell Trophy Cam in a camo pattern. It was set up in Central Utah. It might of had some pictures of a sweet velvet 6-point with big sweeping thirds. If anyone has come across a camera like this, can you please let me know. TIA.

Last edited:
Too many holes in your story. A) I wasn’t in central utah over the weekend. B) that bull with big 3rds died in November 2021 at the hands of my wife when she was 3 months pregnant

IMG_5253.jpeg

Well played, GunCarver. Well played!

The best part about this thread (other than it is funny) is that 15 people are going to want to rush in and console the guy for breaking the law!

Still baffles me how many people are okay with poaching.

As In POACHING Trail-Cams?

Well played, GunCarver. Well played!

The best part about this thread (other than it is funny) is that 15 people are going to want to rush in and console the guy for breaking the law!

Still baffles me how many people are okay with poaching.

I guess the meaning of poaching has changed.

Nope. An illegal take is poaching. That has always been the definition. That is still the definition. It’s illegal to take big game by the use of a trail cam on public lands after July 31. This is all in the code. And it’s very clear.

Illegal take. That’s poaching. You either are for or against it. Everyone can decide for him or herself. It’s been shocking how many people are for it.

Nope. An illegal take is poaching. That has always been the definition. That is still the definition. It’s illegal to take big game by the use of a trail cam on public lands after July 31. This is all in the code. And it’s very clear.

Illegal take. That’s poaching. You either are for or against it. Everyone can decide for him or herself. It’s been shocking how many people are for it.
But....a trail cam cannot shoot...i mean I guess you could beat the animal to death with it but that's a little brutal...but the cam is just a tool lol....but you can't take the animal with a cam

I was just stating/ asking. Don't get your panties Ina wadd lol. Just having a friendly discussion.

It would be a giant mistake to assume that just because somebody correctly disagreed with you that their panties are in a bunch.

The law states that using a trail cam to take big game after July 31 is an illegal take. That is poaching. It also says that simply having a cam out on public land after July 31 is illegal, whether we use it to “take” an animal or not. (Everyone would be wise to know what the statutory definition of “take” is…it’s much more broad than just killing.)

Are we for poaching or against it? I’m against it.

It would be a giant mistake to assume that just because somebody correctly disagreed with you that their panties are in a bunch.

The law states that using a trail cam to take big game after July 31 is an illegal take. That is poaching. It also says that simply having a cam out on public land after July 31 is illegal, whether we use it to “take” an animal or not. (Everyone would be wise to know what the statutory definition of “take” is…it’s much more broad than just killing.)

But what if, I'm using my cam for bird watching, but while target practicing a ricochet hits a deer and kills it?

I mean I'm not really hunting, right?

So?

All Them Bulls That Were Taken With The Help Of Trail-Cams The Last Many Years Were Poached?

Using minerals as bait to help take an animal is also poaching.
Which is sad because I believe putting minerals out was more positive than negative for our animals.
Using bait or a camera illegally is poaching.

I’ll even tell you all that I don’t love the trail cam law. If I was king I would have likely gone with the Division’s recommendation to prohibit data transmitting cams, and that’s about it.

But I don’t make the laws, I just do my best to follow them. And I don’t support poaching.

What Do You Mean:

If You Were The KING?

You Are THE KING!

I’ll even tell you all that I don’t love the trail cam law. If I was king I would have likely gone with the Division’s recommendation to prohibit data transmitting cams, and that’s about it.

But I don’t make the laws, I just do my best to follow them. And I don’t support poaching.

A lot of the issues around cams was the out of season guys blowing in season guys set ups checking cards.

That Utard thing of knowing dudes were hunting a spot and wandering into it because your the most important person alive. That ass whooping that Bess talked about was starting to become a thing.

I have no doubt there were issues. That’s just where I would have settled on the issue if I were the one deciding.

But again, I don’t make the laws. But make me king and you’ll see some awesome stuff!

I have no doubt there were issues. That’s just where I would have settled on the issue if I were the one deciding.

But again, I don’t make the laws. But make me king and you’ll see some awesome stuff!

I got nothing, just wanted to beat your fanboy from the basin.

BUt YoU ARe KinG!!

Hey MrShane?

They Afraid You're Gonna Throw a CUT Fillet In The Mix Or What?
Not sure what they believe… an angler in Utah can legally fillet a Koke anywhere in the State but Strawberry.
Very strange rule.
It is the ‘dumbing down’ of Utah anglers.
Simply make the rule that any Koke filleted at Strawberry must have skin left on for identification purposes.
Now that is a solution!

The problem is once people get used to having it, it’s so hard to take it back. At that point they think it’s a right. In government or hunting.

Last edited:
Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom