Money savings

B

buckchaser

Does anyone have a guess as to how much money our local, state and federal governments would save if we only printed forms in english? Being the manager of an in-plant printshop for our local government this is on my mind. As for our city we only provide printed communication in english, but the county and of course our great state of California provide forms in multiple languages

Marc
1 Corinthians 2:2

I realize it frustrates you that there are people in this country that speak other languages, but unfortunately it is something we are going to have to get used to. The native English speaking population is decreasing in the US year by year and it is just way too late to expect everyone that doesn't currently speak it to learn it. The multi-cultural and multi-lingual politics are too set in place to change at this juncture. I don't think we need to worry that English will die out because it is certainly the language of international business - and will remain so, but we certainly do need to change our way of thinking about it. The world is changing and if we remain in a one-language mode we will be left out in the cold! You have to realize that if we didn't provide those documents in other languages that the states would then be obligated (due to the multi-lingual politics and precedence set by court decisions in other states) to provide free translation and transcription services to speakers of language other than English. I charge $35 an hour to translate - which is cheaper - me or a three page $.11 document?

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

If we shot anyone who couldn't speak English the non English speaking population growth would slow dramatically, thus eliminating the need for bi lingual anything and saving $35 an hour.

One more problem solved, I wish the ecomomy were this easy.

Dude, sometimes your logic is hard to follow, but not this time.:)

Eel

President Obama and Congress should leave gun rights alone. It's above their pay grade.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom