Monroe Bucks

Robiland

Very Active Member
This is a pic I took the year before the spider bull was killed. I remember that because I spent A LOT of time on Monroe that year and never saw that bull. But the next year he wandered around our property from time to time. Anyways....I know the pics not great, but what do you think? He was a giant buck. And looking at that pic, which was the middle of July, seems huge to me. That July week I was there, I counted 24 good sized 4 points in 3 days. Tons of smaller ones. So I went bowhunting that august and never saw a buck until sunday night. They disappeared. But it was still a fun hunt.

Here he is:

and maybe his little off springs:)

That resembles my bow hunts! The big ones are always a long ways off but the little ones are right under my nose! haha

It's a bit hard to tell from the photo but he looks like a BIG buck! It's good to know that a few still roam the hills!

Nice stuff robiland, thanks for sharing bro.

Zeke

He appears to be a great buck!!! Sounds like my hunts also. Look at that forest behind him to disappear in!!! Thanks for sharing.

From you picture he looks to be a GIANT spike :)
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

I was on the Monroe last week for a few days. I would have to say that I was impressed with the number of bucks I saw and their antler growth for how early it is. I counted 15 bucks and 55 does. I also saw 4 collared does- F&G must be doing a study.

They are doing a fawn study. collaring pregnant does and when they fawn they are collaring the fawns to study survival rate.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom