monster buck

Y

ybo2

459da6c36a5f45bb.jpg

459da6ee6c39263f.jpg

Here is a buck that one of our clients killed this year. Guess the gross score, and the width of this hog. The g4 on the right side was accidently shot off by the hunter. The deer was on an up hill angle quartering away with his head down feeding. The first shot hit low on his shoulder and went right through the deer and out the other side and Kaboom the antler went flying! Still looking for that &*!@#$ 6-9 inch tine. Oh yea this is a 100% true columbian blacktail!
p.s. any ideas how far an antler can fly????

Hard to guess with all of the come from behind shots...but guessing 27 with the cheaters, with about a 24 inch frame. Doesn't really matter, a definite buck of a lifetime. Bummer about that point.

Who cares about score!!!
Awesome buck.
Where was this thing taken?
Congrats to the hunter!

Lien2

189 gross without the missing pt and 28" outside.

Great buck! Thanks for posting the picture! This sure helps pass the time until next year's hunts...

NvrEnuf

Great buck! Thanks for posting , I'd love to have one of them bad boys on my wall...

i'd say 65' for the antler, and 182 if the point was intact.
hope you find it.looks to be slightly larger then a 178" gross i have.
nice buck i'd take him anytime but would give my left n#t for one like that with a bow.

As a blacktail NT aren't you approaching record type buck?? Maybe not with the point gone I guess. Super Blacktail, thats for sure!

What is the NT record for Blacktail?

looks like a mule deer.why are california blacktails so much bigger. because they have muley in them??? this is a monster of a buck but have a hard time believing this is a 100% Columbian blacktail.

Believe it. This buck was killed 35 - 40 west of I-5. Guaranteed 100% blacktail! Shot in California.

bc rules yes.but a true blacktail that big is rare.every time there is blacktail from cal there monsters they look like mule deer.it must be the feed. steriods must grow on trees in cal.i see cross blacktails like that in washington east and west of the cascades.some look like mule deer some look like blacktail they crossed.I-5 in wash is around 100miles from the cascades.whatis I-5 in cal 20 to 30 miles

ihunt32- A buck like this is a once in 10 lifetimes buck, the chances of finding a buck like this again are slim to none. I've been strictly hunting blacktails for 20 years now and i can honestly tell you that is one of the top 5 true blacktail bucks i have ever seen. They just don't get bigger than this. The bucks outside spread is 27 1/2 inches. Still haven't measured up the gross score yet, waiting to find the other point. I've been up several times with 4 or 5 guys looking for this damn tine, its driving me NUTS! Will let you know the gross score within a few days, going to give it one more try on tuesday.

Good luck on finding the antler. My Dad shot off a antler this year on a nice 4 pt. muley and we looked for a long time and never found the darn thing. Very fustrating and confusing, we gave up as soon as we both sarted getting migranes..

Nice mule deer? How do you know that this is a 100% blacktail deer? Are you going by BC rules of I5 or did you have this deer tested? (DNA)? If this is a 100% blacktail why did you put it in the mule forum? You can not tell me this deer does not have mule deer genes in it.

After shooting a bull moose through the lungs I tried to drop him with a head shot. I hit the antler about 2" above the base, it broke clean off and went about 10 yards. The shot was taken @ ~30 yards with a 300 Win mag.

I posted this pic because i thought people would enjoy such a magnificent animal that approaches a monster mule deer status. Next time i won't post any pics for this web site.

ihunt32- Maybe this buck did swim across a major river, dodge 1-5 traffic, jump a hundred private property fences and then migrate 50 miles to the west, or maybe the alien horn gods abducted him and dropped him off??? that was probably a lot easier.

BCBigGame-do you think the antler could have came back towards the hunter?

YBO2, don't get driven off by these guys, everything here is a conspiracy, look at Bessyland elk post and others. Everyone here is a know it all. But most are just jealous when somebody achieves a trophy. If it isn't from UT most people ignore it anyway. Awesome buck, and as far as I am concerned you can post it anywhere you want!

Are you positive the point was there before the shot ??? You have to have a buddy or someone you know with a good dog that could find it quik if it is there. A lab maybe ??

JB

I killed a good muley a couple years ago and shot off the same point. Mine must have went straight in the air because it was laying exactly where he was standing. I found it a day later after it had snowed about an inch. I felt pretty fortunate to have found it. I sure hope you can find yours...thats a great buck! Thanks for sharing the photo!

yb02 this buck is awesome great job.dont stop posting pictures you have to give the guys somthing to talk about.sorry if i pushed your buttons. but every guy has his own opinion.still this deer is awesome.

I'd say just shy of 180"....great job regardless of the score. Look forward to receiving more pics from you guys next year.

ybo2,
I posted the photo & story in the General Forum of Hornhog2s' buck. Check it out! The stories are real similar and the bucks are similar. Thanks for the photos, keep them comming.

RUS

BCBigGame-do you think the antler could have came back towards the hunter?
I guess anything is possible.

We found the tine yesterday!!! After over 40 man hours of searching, raking, shaking trees and burning slash piles in a 100 yard wide perimeter it materialized. The last resort was to burn the piles of leaves, grass, and limbs. The first pile we burned is where we found it. Unbelievable. The tine was located about 25 feet uphill from the impact. We may have raked it from underneath some oak leaves or possibly it was buried in the pile somewhere in the soft dirt????

The tine was about 7 inches long but,it lost about an inch due to the impact of the mushroomed bullet. Thanks everyone for your opinions and help.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom