Monster CO Elk Sheds

R

RockinGramps

My huntin'buddy Harry and I have been doing a lot of scouting on public land (mostly back country) in preparation for archery season. In turn, Harry found these sheds with in 5' of one another a few months back on one of our outtings. There so impressive, I felt I should share a pic here with all of you die hard CO elkaholics. The official Boone & Crockett gross measurement came in at 422". YES, these were found in CO on public land. NO, I'm not gonna tell you where or what GMU they were in but I will say it's an over the counter GMU that anyone can hunt. Just know that when hunting public land you just might run across a big brut like this one day. There is hope for us average workin' men hunters who don't wanna spend the "Big Bucks".

4a74c2df5d0b9656.jpg

GOOD HUNTIN'
RockinGramps

Awesome first post Gramps. I wouldn't know a 400 inch bull if it bit me in the arse, but those are awesome sheds. Good luck this year.

WOW!!! That is unbelievable!! The symetry and mass and extra brow! Good luck and keep putting your time in scouting it will pay off. Im jealous!!
JC
Colorado Hunting Consultants LLC
www.cohunthelp.com

Awesome CO public land bull...Thanks for sharing and giving some of us hope. Are you sure you dont want to tell the GMU????

"There's a high country that awaits your coming; There's awesome beauty to fill you with bliss; There's a golden chance in the offering--- Go, or these wonders of GOD you will miss."
--Bruce Brady

You may not want to answer, and I am not trying to locate your unit, BUT, does this unit border one of the great draw units, or is it simply in no man's land where you wouldn't even think something like that would live?

It's no where near any of the great draw / mega preference point areas, surrounded by basic GMU's all the way.

way to go mike and harry you never know what you are going to find on public land most people think you have to hunt private property or limited entry units that take max points to find giant bucks and bulls and while this does help this shows that you do not need to go that route to find your own giant. see you out hunting cody !

Awesome mass and them extra brows are cool. Nice find and encouragement for general unit hunters. Thanks for posting.

Hey Cody, good to hear from you.

I'm sure you must be getting pretty excited about hunting this year...I know I am. Say hi to your pa for me and we'll see you in the field soon!

Helluva bull! I'd keep those to myself, go kill him in the 4th season and then show those sheds off. He should be really close to there come the 4th season. How about posted those tine lenghts and mass measurements to see how he breaks down?

I'll be hunting OTC here in Colorado this year; here's to hoping that's my area!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom