Monster Muley Hunting Odds Question

H

HerbD

I'm having trouble researching odds here on "Hunt Draw Odds" for antlerless elk in unit 21. I'm getting "No general antlerless hunt for '08 nonresident". But I know there was one in '08. Is the site wrong or am I doing/reading something wrong? Anyone have any answers? Comments?

Thanks
Herb D

Herb D,

You are not doing anything wrong. The reason you are not finding anything is that I haven't calculated the odds for Wyoming non-resident antlerless elk. I figured that since it takes so much time to calculate the odds for all of them and that there were not that many non-residents interested in antlerless hunts that I would not spend the time there. If this is an incorrect assumption, let me know and I will try to get them done for next year.

However, the odds for unit 21 type 4 in 2008 as a first choice was 100% all the way down to 0 points.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Jon
www.HuntersTrailhead.com

Jon,
Thanks for the quick and helpful reply. You are right in that not many non-residents are interested in full price anterless hunts. Some will go for the reduced price cow/calf hunts.

My situation this year is unique in that I have 0 points and want to hunt 21 with my nephews who should get the general. So I plan to apply for general first to get a point and anterless second choice and hope to draw the latter.

I really appreciate your draw odds site!

Herb

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom