Montana Conceal Carry Bill

S

Steve_Montana

March 27 Great Falls Tribune

HELENA ? A compromise on a bill aimed at expanding gun rights and getting rid of the need for concealed weapons permits is advancing in the state Senate.

House Bill 228 has been the subject of a tough fight between police groups and gun groups such as the National Rifle Association. But the interest groups sat down again with lawmakers Friday morning to hammer out some details the legislation.

The compromise still allows people to use a gun in self-defense without first fleeing. Sen. Dan McGee, the Billings Republican leading a legislative subcommittee making the changes, said that is means people can more easily use deadly force on home intruders.

"You can say, 'that's it, you're terminated.' Boom!'' McGee told the full Senate Judiciary Committee on Friday in presenting the compromise bill.

I thought Montana had very consertive laws concerning self defense. It seems I was mistaken. CA. has had a law for about 15 years that states you do not have to flee from your home as a option to using deadly force on a unlawful intruder.
Your home is your castle and you have the right to defend yourself and family inside of it.
If you forced entry into a home and place the person(s) inside in danger of serious injury or death, you are bought and paid for. you get shot and the meat wagon called.

RELH

Flee from my house? The only reason I would ever flee my house would be fire, flood, or earthquake. I might be taken out in hand cuffs or stretcher, but no intruder will ever cause me to flee. Go ahead and pass any law you want.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom