Montana deer districts

Jq23

I'm going to apply for Montana general deer this year. Question I have is... can I hunt all general deer units or just the district/ area I apply for?

If you apply for the Non Resident Deer Combo tag you can hunt any open GENERAL season area. You may also apply for a limited entry hunt and if drawn you will only be able to hunt in that area.

If you apply for the Non Resident Deer Combo tag you can hunt any open GENERAL season area. You may also apply for a limited entry hunt and if drawn you will only be able to hunt in that area.
What if I just apply for a deer tag? Can I hunt any open general season area?

A person must first draw the general deer combo license , if successful, they can apply for limited entry tag. A person also can apply for doe B tags, or in some instances buy the surplus tags starting in mid August.

A person must first draw the general deer combo license , if successful, they can apply for limited entry tag. A person also can apply for doe B tags, or in some instances buy the surplus tags starting in mid August.
So to be able to hunt deer in Montana as a non resident I have to buy a combo elk/ deer tag?

So to be able to hunt deer in Montana as a non resident I have to buy a combo elk/ deer tag?
You can get a deer combo, but the draw odds are steeper.

There are deer combos and deer/elk combos. both combos come with a deer tag, fishing license, upland bird license and maybe some other stuff. (I have never bought one so I am not 100% on what). Only the Deer / elk combo has an elk tag.

Deer combo with fees is $666.76. Base hunting, state land H/F/t, aquatic invasive species pass, upland bird and fishing. This will be i believe my 4th time and have gotten one every time. I think they hand out 4600 tags total. I get frustrated everytime i go through the process

If I get the deer combo tag, can I hunt any general district for deer?
Yes. Personally I call the Montana office and get a regulation book but your deadline to apply ends april 1. Only a few areas are limited quota. I hunt clear up into eastern Montana down to the Wyoming border. so I hunt multiple districts. Most of the areas have a general from oct. 23 to nov 28th for the year of 2021.

so if you get to the list of where they start with the 100 districts at the begging it starts with HD 110 North fork. then below it says general deer license. then to the right it explains whats open for general and the dates

LOL....where in my quote did I mention elk? You originally asked about deer , that is what my answer referred to...as was mentioned before, read the regs, they are online.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom