Montana Elk / Deer Draw Results

Well they say the 15th which is good friday(assuming they make take the day off) so my guess maybe next day or 2 . Last year it came out 2 days earlier. Doesnt matter to me. Comes out when it comes out

With all the changes, I bet they are late. Possibly very late. Remember with the new outfitter set aside they have to contact each outfitter to confirm the draw client has a contract with them. Then the outfitter has to respond. If it works that way, the insanity of that mess will cause results to be delayed, significantly.

Well I hope it is out by end of month. Finally tried for some limited tags for the first time. Not that they care. But other states and draws/modification dates are coming up fast. ID big 3 April 30. MT big 3 May 1 NV May 5 etc etc.

Does anyone have an explanation for why my account shows both “Successful” and “Unsuccessful” for the Big Game Combo?

My points still show the same as they did before the draw.

Thanks!

Sounds like they screwed up the draw in a major way. Licensing department is saying they have to work through some “things” and may have to redraw. Montana is the laughingstock of western big game draws.

Does anyone have an explanation for why my account shows both “Successful” and “Unsuccessful” for the Big Game Combo?

My points still show the same as they did before the draw.

Thanks!

The page shows succesful, so anything listed below that? Next it shows unsuccessful, does that show anything below that?

here is an example. Clearly states i am NOT successful Hope this helps
Screenshot_20220414-185801_Chrome.jpg

The page shows succesful, so anything listed below that? Next it shows unsuccessful, does that show anything below that?

here is an example. Clearly states i am NOT successful Hope this
1649985494854.jpeg
NFH - this is what my portal shows, I’m not sure what “Released” means?

Thanks!

1649985478000.jpeg

View attachment 74109NFH - this is what my portal shows, I’m not sure what “Released” means?

Thanks!

View attachment 74108

Wow thats interesting. Hopefully someone else can make sense of that.

Montana is interesting. When the website wouldn't let me apply and our party had to do it on the phone they stated when you apply as a party all 3 must be the same for the .25 cent search and rescue donation. If the lead party member does it so does the others and if no donation the rest must choose no donation. That simple mistake by one party member could result in a automatic no draw.... i found that tiny small detail interesting.

2,400 applicants effected by glitch! Unbelievable! They can’t make it right now. They can only try…

2,400 applicants effected by glitch! Unbelievable! They can’t make it right now. They can only try…
Technically those apps should be thrown out and they shouldn’t be redrawn because those people put in for multiple choices in units that are now clearly listed as “can be applied for as first choice only”. Essentially they had a glitch allowing guys to put a second choice when they applied for those so they state is falling on the sword for the mistake of the applicant. Sucks because I lucked out and drew one of those hunts (listed it as my first and only choice like I should have) and now I have to contend with 10% more tags in my unit because people can’t read directions

Technically those apps should be thrown out and they shouldn’t be redrawn because those people put in for multiple choices in units that are now clearly listed as “can be applied for as first choice only”. Essentially they had a glitch allowing guys to put a second choice when they applied for those so they state is falling on the sword for the mistake of the applicant. Sucks because I lucked out and drew one of those hunts (listed it as my first and only choice like I should have) and now I have to contend with 10% more tags in my unit because people can’t read directions
I read it as a “technical glitch” which implies that it is no fault of the applicant.

Like I said, the state is falling on the sword. It clearly stated that those hunts needed to be listed as a first and only choice per new regulations. I did just that and drew one. They’re taking the blame for some reason because their system let people put those choices as first but also allowed them to put a second. Had they read the regs like I did and obviously thousands of others did, they would have known not to put a second choice and would have been in the draw.

Like I said, the state is falling on the sword. It clearly stated that those hunts needed to be listed as a first and only choice per new regulations. I did just that and drew one. They’re taking the blame for some reason because their system let people put those choices as first but also allowed them to put a second. Had they read the regs like I did and obviously thousands of others did, they would have known not to put a second choice and would have been in the draw.
Are you seriously giving FWP credit? They have proven to be the most inept agency in the entire west. I get you’re pissed that you will be elbow to elbow with lots of other hunters but that again is FWPs fault.

Are you seriously giving FWP credit? They have proven to be the most inept agency in the entire west. I get you’re pissed that you will be elbow to elbow with lots of other hunters but that again is FWPs fault.
The applicants full well knew they needed to put those as first and only choices and didn’t. Don’t really care who’s “fault” it is other then they should pound sand and read the regs next year rather then getting a (likely much much better odds) chance at it again.

Personal accountability seems to be lost this day in age and everyone wants to blame someone other then themselves. It really is a ball kicker to the people who still have it when they bend over to it. Sucks. People messed up their apps, should be kicked out of draw end of story.

Personal accountability seems to be lost this day in age and everyone wants to blame someone other then themselves. It really is a ball kicker to the people who still have it when they bend over to it. Sucks. People messed up their apps, should be kicked out of draw end of story.
Here in NM if you make a mistake on your application it gets thrown in the trash. If the State says they screwed up then I have to believe it’s on the State and not the applicant.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom