Montana partner needed

deerhuntr4885

Over the years I've had to look for a partner a few times and have had really good luck. Once again, I’m left high and dry. Anyone need a partner this year? Looking to go over some time after November 7th. I have a deer and elk tag. Could bring my horses depending on where we go. If you are interested or willing to allow me to join you please call or text me. 509-424-9919.

Mike Henne

I’m leaving today and am hunting opener tell early November but I could report back to you on what I see if your interested

My son is at college in Butte - killed a nice bull with his bow. He can’t find anyone to hunt deer with - very few kids hunt at the college - it is crazy!!!

Well, I had a couple of invites and was excited. The date kept getting pushed back so I hit the road yesterday. I’m down in Bridger by myself. Did not see a deer on public ground! Stay here tomorrow and then move if things don’t look up.

Well, I had a couple of invites and was excited. The date kept getting pushed back so I hit the road yesterday. I’m down in Bridger by myself. Did not see a deer on public ground! Stay here tomorrow and then move if things don’t look up.
Good luck....give us updates. I hope you can find something to hang a tag on.

hey there i got no one to hunt with this weekend and the spot i’m going to check out is kind of a guess. so if you wana try and meet up and have an idea of where to go is be down to try something out. pm me

I finally had some luck down here in Bridger. I do not recommend this area however. I have hunted Eastern Montana several times and have always seen hundreds of deer. Not here. All the deer I saw were on private property until Thursday. I shot at a coyote on some state land and suddenly about 30 deer popped out of the brush, 5 bucks included. They were on private land but there were plenty of tracks on the State land to make me believe they were coming down at night. I got up there early the next morning, in the dark, and worked down to the public. Eventually the biggest buck walked right to me on the public and he was done for. Not huge but glad to have him after not seeing anything on public. He’s a 3x4 plus eye guards and a small sticker. He had a really small body though.

I then went to St Regis to meet up with a father and son team who invited me to join them from HuntWA. I got there just in time to help them pack out an 8 point WT in the morning. Then this evening they got a 4 point bull elk. We packed that out all night. Nearly froze and had one treacherous pack out but had a great time. Headed home today without an elk but with no regrets. Met some awesome new friends (again).

Take it from me guys, don't be afraid to go out on a limb for others. I have taken others and been invited on other hunts to. I have always enjoyed those trips. That is what these sites should be about. Not all the negative BS that is shot back and forth on these sites. I have been a member on this site for 20 years now. I PM when appropriate, to give advice without getting into the pissing contests. Once in a while I score big with a new friend. That is what these sites should be about.

I am sorry I did not get back to you Rie and a couple others. Did not have a lot of service and have not really checked since I got over here.

D8B91816-5496-446F-8E3A-12B7E51CF2B9.jpeg

24DE4435-C12E-4233-A882-771134CFC998.jpeg

I finally had some luck down here in Bridger. I do not recommend this area however. I have hunted Eastern Montana several times and have always seen hundreds of deer. Not here. All the deer I saw were on private property until Thursday.
You are not going to see hundreds of deer on public land anywhere in Eastern Montana this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom