Montana results are up!

Earlier today it said I had 2 base elk points and 2 preference point. No I have 3 base points and no preference. What’s up with that?

C29B7E41-DBD0-4B10-A1EB-41E55D5DCFDE.png

Earlier today it said I had 2 base elk points and 2 preference point. No I have 3 base points and no preference. What’s up with that?

View attachment 5204

My guess is you checked the box to surrender your big game combo if unsuccessful in the LQ permit draw. So you drew the general combo, didn’t draw the LQ permit, they took your preference points, issued a bonus point and you will receive a refund. You would have definitely drawn a general combo with 2. Check the draw results tab and see what it says.

I did choose the refund if unsuccessful in the limited draw. I apply all over the west, but pretty new to Montana. Will I get my preference points back?

Negative ghost rider. You drew a big game general combo and returned it. You can only accumulate 2 points for general licenses and you lose them when you draw. If you wanted to keep the general combo do not select the refund option if unsuccessful in the LQ permit draw. Not sure if you are aware but you have to draw the general license before being considered for the LQ permit.

Nothing here... Last year I drew the license, but didn't draw the permit....

That put me back to zero for the elk license, so didn't draw that this year... Drawing the license and not the tag is a kick in the nuts for the next seasons draw.

I assume you lose your preference point if you keep it or refund it?

Congratulations to those who drew their tag(s). As a resident I was hoping to draw the 570-20 tag, I did not, but had one lucky friend who did. I still can hunt on the west side of the ranch we lease, about 6000 acres lays in general tag area, for bulls. That said, over 30,000 acres is in 570 and that would have been nice to have drawn, LOL. I guess the only shooting I will do for bulls in 570 is with a camera.

Congratulations to those who drew their tag(s). As a resident I was hoping to draw the 570-20 tag, I did not, but had one lucky friend who did. I still can hunt on the west side of the ranch we lease, about 6000 acres lays in general tag area, for bulls. That said, over 30,000 acres is in 570 and that would have been nice to have drawn, LOL. I guess the only shooting I will do for bulls in 570 is with a camera.
Wow I’m actually kind of jealous of your hunting situation.

Who would have thought Montana would be leading the way in something positive? Application deadline April 1st results posted in two weeks. Other states should take note.... it really isn’t that complicated.

Took them long enough to figure it out, cant wait to see what the future changes look like...

Lightening strikes when you least expect it. My daughter drew the 380-20 bull tag. I've been in there a few times and have seen some nice bulls. I'm super excited for her and stoked that I will get to photograph her adventure.
My cousin drew that tag. He lives in the unit and hunts it every year. But this year may be his first ever branch antlered bull.

Best of luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom