Montana Rifle Company question

Weiserbucks

Very Active Member
I'm considering getting a Montana Extreme X2 . Any body here have experience with their rifles ? I've never handled or fired any of their rifles , looking for any positive or negative comments before I spend my money .

I have a short magnum action only and a long magnum barreled and chambered by them in 416 Rem Mag. My buddy had a 416 Taylor barreled by them on his Sako action. They seem to be a fine product. I've heard and seen that the fit and finish isn't like a Granite Mountain action but Montana Rifle actions are also a fraction of the price for a pre 64 type action.

Zeke

Thanks Zeke , I ordered one . It will be here in a few days . Will post results once I get to spend some time at the range .

D6native,

I've heard that they are a bit heavier than some of the real lightweights but that they shoot really well and most guys hunt/shoot better with a rifle that has a bit more heft.

The actions (best action for the money right now, IMHO), stocks (I tried to buy one a couple months ago but they will only install it on my metal and I'm not quite ready for it) and barrels are excellent so I'd imagine the whole package would be awesome.

I can't wait to get your first-hand report on your new rig. Better range weather is coming!

Good luck,
Zeke

Its a 28 Nosler . Im not sure if the 28 will be a winner overall , but Im a 7mm nut and had to have one . I've had most 7mms from the 7-08 to the STW and have had good service from all . When I was looking around for brass , I found Nosler Trophy Grade 160grn Accubond ammo on sale cheaper than new brass alone . I bought 100 rounds , if it shoots well , great . If it doesn't , I still get the good brass .

D6, i'm considering the same round,and would really like to hear how your'e new gun shoots,and any ideas on your'e scope choice etc. Thanks B.H.

D6native,
You just bought your rifle in the cartridge which most intrigues me.

I think its a real winner and a great all around big game getter.

Me thinks you're going to be really happy with the rig.

Zeke

The 28nosler has my interest also. Very good design and built to function on a standard long action. I've considered building one throated for the 195gr Berger.
Good luck and let us know how it shoots!

I have 100 rounds of 160 Accubonds now , once I see how they perform I may or may not continue to load them . The 7mm 160 Accubond has a well deserved reputation of great performance on game , even if the BC is lower than some others . If my rifle doesn't like the Accubonds , I'll try the 168 and 180 VLD's and 162 Amax's , I've had great luck with them in the past .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom