Montana Sheep Pics

G

gary556

I took these pictures yesterday near St.Regis, Montana. I glassed a bunch of sheep and at first did not see any larger rams. Then I spotted this group of eight rams. I am no sheep expert but at least 2-3 of these looked like real shooters. I know the pictures are not good but I was about a half mile away and was shooting through the spotting scope. I don't know if this picture will work or not. I had to crop the pic???

Sheep-3.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-04 AT 11:49PM (MST)[p]I like the lead ram. So do you live near Regis? Were these sheep near Quinn's? Somebody killed a real nice ram in that area a two or three years ago. Cool country. I like to look at sheep there and closer to Plains/Thompson Falls whenever I am up that way.

Thanks for posting the pix.

NVBighorn:

No I live in Wallace, Idaho. I took a ride yesterday to look for some animals. The sheep were on, I think it is, HY 200 about 3 miles east of the Quinn junction. Like you said there are lots of nice sheep in that area.

I live in Idaho unit 4. We don't have any Sheep here. We hunt Elk, Whitetail, Muleys and Turkeys. I don't have the current Montana regs but the sheep were north of the river about 3 miles east of the turn off to go to Quinn Hot Springs. I wish I could have taken some better picrures but they were a long way off. I think that lead ram would score real well.

If it's east of Quinn's on 200 it must be 124. If it's on the other side (south and west of 200) it'd be 122.

Thanks Nv. and gary......... I figured it had to be in the middle or oneside or the other of hywy 200......
Mt. is coming up fast...
Nv. your brain will get picked big time come mid-March on the Nv. sheep units!! haha gotta love it thought. Heard form Honker lately?

No, I haven't heard from him in a while. Pick away. Not sure I can help but always glad to BS about sheep.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom