Montana Snow Storm Alert

kilowatt

WEATHER BULLETIN

Up here in the Northern Plains we just recovered from a Historic event --- may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions" --- with a historic blizzard of up to 24" inches of snow and winds to 50 MPH that broke trees in half, stranded hundreds of motorists in lethal snow banks, closed all roads, isolated scores of communities and cut power to 10's of thousands.

George Bush did not come....
FEMA staged nothing....
No one howled for the government...
No one even uttered an expletive on TV...
Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards.....
No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House....
No news anchors moved in.

We just melted snow for water, sent out caravans to pluck people out of snow engulfed cars, fired up wood stoves, broke out coal oil lanterns or Aladdin lamps and put on an extra layer of clothes.

Even though a Category "5" blizzard of this scale has never fallen this early...we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves.

Everybody is fine.

AH HA KILOWATT
Oh so your not going to tell them about the merit of a Montana Category 5. All the cuddling and bed time followed by the baby boom in 9 months of a category 5. That is the part I like.

I was in Montana when a 6 hit back in 76. Heck I had to tunnel all the way to SLC before I hit dry ground!! Had to get new blades for my snow shovel. I remember it got so cold we had to bring the fish in from the rivers and lakes to keep them from freezing!! I remember that storm so well. It was about the time the northern's were starting to head south. 100,000 ducks and geese were roosting on Canyon Ferry res. That night it froze so fast that the water around the ducks and geese feet froze. In the morning when the ducks headed south they took the lake with them. Sorry abuot the storm. How can I help!
Rut

>Not to mention it was so
>Cold that the North Dakotans
>became friends with Montanans.
>Rut

See, now youre talking about hell freezing over and we know that didnt happen either rut.

Mike
at235.gif

So Kilowat were you in Mt when the storm hit? Or do you live there?

Dakota did you get some of the same storm?? I heard the wind blows in Mt becuse ND sucks or was it the other way around? The wind blows in ND because MT sucks? Help me out here guys. LOL

Rut

Rut,

I live in sunny weather area but an old friend who retired back in late 80's lives in Billings and sent this to me.
Been up there a number of times to hunt only and hope to get back there again next year.

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom