Montana tags

Got mine yesterday also. A plain piece of paper. Do most just put the tag into a ziploc bag? Wondering how to keep it safe once attached to antlers.

I keep mine in a ziploc bag and use electric tape .

I dont see any rules for transportation such as can your license be in the cab of the truck with the meat in the bed of the truck.

Screenshot_20210511-122355_Office Mobile.jpg

Got my deer tag. Kinda dumb they are spending money on postage and envelope for a piece of paper we could print off at home.
I disagree I would much rather have the better quality paper I’m already spending a ton of money with the agency I want them to send me a tag.

I highly suggest to keep a picture on your phone. I can see already. Shoot deer and get the tag out and the wind takes it to the next county
It is plain printer paper. They began last year and I think they also suggested to use Ziploc bag.

It is easy to replicate and I'm guessing the lack of attention to detail by MFWP makes poaching easier. Just print several copies and you have a tag for as many bucks as you want to take. If you think that is not happening, your not paying attention. Another big swing and miss.

Rich

I was thinking the same cheap paper regarding the tag being printed on what appeared to be normal paper as this is the first MT tag I've drawn. But, in Oklahoma once you kill an animal you're required to supply your own paper (usually whatever I can scrounge from the truck console) and write down required legal information to attach to the animal, then I realized at least MT sent some sort of tag. I'll make it work.

Mine came today. Any idea why there are (2) places to cut the tag, Month, Date, and Year? I have a NR Elk Combo, and NR Elk Permit.
One for meat, and 1 for antlers?

Last edited:
Mine came today. Any idea why there are (2) places to cut the tag, Month, Date, and Year? I have a NR Elk Combo, and NR Elk Permit.
One is the general elk tag and one is the permit tag. In Montana you can also hunt the general areas along with your permitted unit (this is not the case for deer). You can only take (1) bull and notch The appropriate license.

[/QUOTE]

One carcass coupon is for elk and the other for deer. In your case only one will be used. They do this if you were to get both elk and deer. The other should have VOID letters on it. Should see void on the front page

I had this question last year and that's the answer i got from FWP.

So here is my tag. That bottom you can see void with a carcass coupon on the back. Since i only got a deer tag IF i was to get an elk that would be the space for the elk tag

20210512_171100.jpg

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom