Montana unit 704 and 705

Swampdog112

I'm taking my son who turns 8 in October with me on what will be his first big Western hunting trip. I'm looking at unit 704 or 705 and I'm hoping to find some places that wont be too strenuous for him but that wont be road hunting either. This will be his first big hunting trip and I'm hoping to make the most of it. The idea is for us to pick an area and hunt it for the next few years to get familiar so we've got it somewhat figured out when he's old enough to get his first MT tag. Ive got the maps and have been cross referencing google earth with OnX and right now I've got my eye on some of the BLM and block management land but am not opposed to the national forest either. The plan is to try to find a good campsite to set up a wall tent and spend 5 or 6 days there. I plan to talk to some game wardens and biologists too but thought I'd ask around on here as well to see if anyone had any tips or advice on the area.

Thanks in advance and feel free to PM!

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom