Moose Hide

Thill

My son should be able to shoot a cow moose this weekend. Just curious what to do with the hide. I don't think we want to get it tanned, especially since Rocky Mtn Tanners still owes me hide. Any suggestions?

I know you can trade green deer and elk hides for finished products like gloves with some companies. I'm not sure if anyone does that with moose hides.

I would not expect to get anything back from Rocky Mountain Tanners.

You might try Moscow Hide and Fur in Moscow, Idaho. 208-882-0601. They've always done a great job on my deer, elk, moose. I love hair-on hides.

Appreciate the suggestions. Still not sure what do with it. This was the 1st time I have encountered "Ground Enhancement". We thought it was a medium sized cow, not overly big until we walked up to it. I am still amazed at its size and maybe you can tell me different, but this animal had no smell to the meat. We were very pleased and anxious to try it once we get it back from the processer. Elk, deer, antelope and such always have their own special smell and this old gal had none.

image1.jpeg

One of the missing experiences in our current world is the amazing experience of walking into a shop/store that sold the smoked, brain tanned moose hide clothing and footwear made by the Native Americans, especially those from the northern latitudes. I remember it as a nearly spiritual experience.

One of many things I miss from a time all but gone from the world. Even the memories of it are now all but gone.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom