Moose meat

Clownpuncher

I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone or anyplace close to western colorado to buy/get some moose meat. I would like to go after a moose but only if I like the meat. I don't like going after things that I am not going to eat. It's just a personal thing that I believe in. I just have no idea where to get a small steak in order to try it and see if I like it. Can anyone point me in any direction? I know there are no moose game farms so moose meat cannot be sold but was thinking maybe someone has an option. Thanks in advance.

Let me know when you're traveling through or around the Beehive State Capitol and I'll give some to you.
You'll find it flavorful and delicious but not quite as tender as a young deer or pronghorn!
Zeke

Not sure where to purchase, but I can assure you moose meat is pretty good tasting. My wife is a little picky on game meats, but enjoys ground moose meat mixed with 10% - 14% beef fat (for burgers, tacos, spaghetti, etc). It isn't as good as elk, in our opinion, but when ground it tastes like deer.

Just my two cents...

Same with my wife, picky on game meat but, she really liked the moose roast cooked in a crock pot with potatoes, carrots, onions and some seasoning.

Smokepole

I like it so much that when I hunted Alaska I brought back my entire bull minus about 50 lbs that the pilot got. It cost more than a few pennies but it was worth it, along with the caribou it filled me up for quite awhile

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Thanks Zeke! It may be some time but I sincerely appreciate it. I don't need much. Just maybe 5 oz. or so to see how it is. I'll look you up if I ever make it up that way.

I am very picky about wild game - got a bad taste for it when I was young. I always give my deer and elk away to friends.

Moose has no fat on it. What you see on the hoof is 100% lean meat.

When I took my Utah moose it was a game changer for me.

If you want to know how it tastes purchase and cook a lean beef roast; moose tastes just like it. I could not tell the difference between a beef roast and a moose roast. Very very good eating!

As was stated you may need to add some beet suet since it is very lean.

I would take moose over beef any day. No game taste to it at all.

If for some reason you don't like it I'm sure Zeek would travel to your home to pick up the rest of it!

>Zeke, you handing out the good
>stuff eh.
>

Sure dslayer88!
I'll share the bounty of my harvest. Feel free to ask and I'll lay some great moose meat in your hand.
The hamburger is awesome too but I do mix about 10% beef suet in when I grind it.

PS: my family of me and the 5 kids, saved "grind" meat for a couple years and ground it all this past winter and ended up with over 450 pounds of hamburger. Most is a mix of deer, elk or pronghorn but I saved some moose aside for just moose burger only. It's all good... as usual.

1180img5472.jpg

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom