Moose & Sheep taxidermist(s)

MDQ

Anyone have any opinions on a taxidermist(s) for a moose & a desert bighorn? Near the Wasatch is preferable, but not a have to have.

North Slope Summit for moose & South San Juan for Desert Bighorn. I'm all ears if anyone's got any help to share on either tag!

Thanks,

Guy

I don't have any names for you, but I would recommend that you look carefully at the moose form your taxidermist uses. Many forms seem to have a big fat nose, which makes the moose look weird. I was careful that my moose was mounted with a thinner nose form, I believe it was from Research Manikin. Anyway, whoever you choose, be sure to look at their previous work so you don't get surprised.
My taxidermist was named Dave Scott, but I think he is now in Idaho.

Bruce Capes
Animal Art Taxidermy
Sandy, Utah
801-566-5858

He did my Oryx-great job. He did my friend's Dall sheep. Go check out his work.

You could check out Sam Raby at Animals in Motion in Bluffdale. He is a great taxidermist and has even developed a unique pedestal and wall mount system you may be interested in. He has mounted a full body mountain goat for me and I have seen several full body sheep and shoulder mounted moose. He does a great job. You can see some of his work along with the mounting system at www.animalsinmotion.net

Good luck on the hunts.

Jon
www.HuntersTrailhead.com

Thanks a ton for the info guys - definitely appreciated! I work in Sandy, so I'll check out both these guys.

Guy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom