MOR cancels dishnetwork

Outdoordan

Very Active Member
Go to turn on the tv last nite to see some hunting shows, one of the only reasons I own a tv, and find out that the Mens outdoor and recreation is no longer available. Call Dish and they say that it was the parent company that pulled away from Dish and all Satellite companies (Directv) and will only be available in select cable markets. What a bonehead decision! The only thing I can think of is that they are having financial problems. The company is Turner Media Group, which may be one of Ted Turners holdings but can't confirm. I am not sure, but they probably pay the Cable/Satellite companies for coverage, then sell ad space for income. Anyone have any more information on this change? I am bummed.

I have Dish and MOR disappeared yesterday. Called Dish and the lady said they were in "negotiations" with MOR to get it back. I told her to get it back or I would most likely cancel my Dish subscription. I only watch about 6 channels now down to 5.

Phantom Hunter

I'm pissed! I have Dish Network for two channels, MOR and 153 - whatever that is. I think it's the outdoor channel. I'll be canceling soon if they don't get it back up. I was very disappointed when I found this out.

Called Direct TV this afternoon, they said they have MOR. They are coming Thursday to hook me up. I'll cancel Dishnetwork Thursday afternoon. DishNetwork $90 - DirectTV $60 a month.

I would send a email to MOR first and make sure they aren't going ot dump directv before I change. If they aren't then I will change!

Still on here in california (direct tv). Dont know what I'd do with out it.....Lord knows we cant watch Versus anymore!!! No more Big Game thursdays.....No more Fridays in The Wild.....Ahhhhhhhhh

Off here in Wisconsin too. I'm pissed !! I called 'em and they gave me the ''were negotiating'' line. I told them I'm not negotiating. They have a week to get it back on or they can come and get their stuff ! Lets hope. C.C.

I called DISH and threatened to leave to go to Direct TV. DISH told me DIrect TV was loosing MOR too. anyone have any info on this?
buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

I got the same line, that MOR was leaving satellite TV. It wouldn't surprise me as I believe they are both owned by the same company. ie Directv bought Dish a couple years ago.

Direct TV still has it as for now. I was sick yesterday and watched it all day.

my direct tv never had it at all untill just a few months ago. and its only on a few hours a day. i'm in ca also,,, i just checked it again , its not on, hasnt been since friday, we've had direct tv for years and never had it till recently, maybe it depends on the package you have, i think we have the silver package if i remember correctly,,,

I have direct tv and I get the outdoor channel and the mens channel ....Midway Utah.

If MOR doesn't get back on Dish then I'm switching to Direct TV!!!

Unless the rumor that Direct TV is dropping MOR too is true???

If that's the case MOR is dead........and there will be lots of PO'd people!

The Outdoor Channel is better than it was, but I still liked the programing better on MOR.

This sucks!

hmmm I thought the outdoor channel became MOR, or maybe that was Versus or something like that. It seems to me it disappeared aobut the same time Direct TV picked up MOR

I have Dish for years. A few years back they took OLN off the air because of a disagreement. After they setted the problem ($) it came back on the air. Hope that is what happens in this case.

Livn in Cali and I still have both MOR & The Outdoor Channel (Directv). You scared me for a minute cause aside from HBO and TOC that is the only other channel I watch. That is until football season comes around. Go America's team! Big D baby.

JR

Here is what I got today from DISH

Dear Viewer,
Thank you for writing. We understand your frustration at this moment.
The MOR Network is in the middle of negotiations with DISH Networks and
unfortunately, DISH has temporarily taken our network off the air. We
hope to be back up very soon. You can help us in this regard by
telling
DISH that you want MOR back on by calling DISH and voicing your demand.

Please stay tuned, and please call DISH and tell them You Want MOR!
Call Now 1-303-723-1000.

Thank you,
MOR

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Nobody has stated what MOR says, only feedback from the satellite networks. Has anyone gotten a reply or inquired concerning the situation from MOR?

MOR said that DISH wanted more money and MOR decided not to ay it. We were told yesterday that MOR and DISH were in another meeting yesterday tryinf to negotiate this issue.
buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Let's hope they can come to an under$tanding. I am a little pissed at Dish cause they made it sound like MOR pulled away from Dish. But the reality is that Dish is playing hardball and cutting them off.

I emailed Dish yesterday wanting to know if they were gong to lower the price since they took away some channels. And today they responded saying that they put QVC and HSN in MOR's place. These are shopping network channels!!! I said are you F*@#%$G insaine. Have you ever seen them kill or catch anything on the shopping channel. They said that both channels have things for sale on them. That's all I needed to hear. I'm done with them.

I have the basic Dish package and MOR was the only hunting channel I got. I had my wife call Dish, she works in customer service and is good with this type of stuff. When she got done taling to a couple differnt supervisors and threating to go to cable, I had the Outdoor channel free for a year and they nocked $25 off my next couple payments.

Mark

replies from MOR and dish both !!!!!

this is dish's reply-

Dear Mr. Waite,

Thank you for your email. At the moment we don't have any information about the current negotiations. We will inform our customers as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for the frustration you have been experiencing for the issue. Please, remember that DISH Network always strives to find new programming and maintain a great service in order to meet our customers' expectations.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Cristina P.

DISH Network eCare

Pine Brook

this is MOR's reply --

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 3:56 PM
Subject: RE: Get Men's Outdoors & Recreation

Dear Viewer,
Thank you for writing. We understand your frustration at this moment.
The MOR Network is in the middle of negotiations with DISH Networks and
unfortunately, DISH has temporarily taken our network off the air. We
hope to be back up very soon. You can help us in this regard by telling
DISH that you want MOR back on by calling DISH and voicing your demand.

Please stay tuned, and please call DISH and tell them You Want MOR!
Call Now 1-303-723-1000.

Thank you,
MOR

I called that number that MOR gave me to dish's parent company listed above they are called echostar. that guy was suprised I knew as much as I did and told me the same corporate line of "we are negotiating" to get it back. I asked why can't I just pay the 5 bucks a month for the sports package like I do for the other channels I get, I said I already get the americas top 1 million channels anyway why can't I get the ONE freaking channel I want. I told him I left comcast because they did NOT carry the outdoor channel OR mens network channel and I came to dish because they had them both- now comcast has one maybe two of them and dish only has one- I told him I will leave you if you do not get MOR back- he again assured me they were talking today and it would most likely be back by friday. we'll see I guess. p.s. dish and direct are the same company if one cannot make a deal they both will drop that channel ! I was also told that the current contract between MOR and DISH expires on july 31st and it should at least have been left on until then. nice !

Proud White Man !!!!!
M WAITE, AZ.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom