More deer in Northern UT?

muzz

Long Time Member
I was just browsing thru the Utah g&f site and seen a post they have for the archery hunters. More Deer in Northern Utah this fall. Ha what a crock. I have been watching deer in northern Utah for a month and a half following a bunch of nice bucks for the hunt. I have not seen more deer this year in northern utah!! I drive Monte Cristo in the early mornings and there is no deer on the roads like there used to be. You used to be able to drive the highway and see butloads of deer, no more. This state beefs up the public just b4 the hunt just to get there money. Its wrong and where i have ben lurking in Northern Utah therer is alot LESS deer this year. Lets hear what you have to say. More or less?

elk_img_01.gif

muzz

EVERY YEAR A MONTH BEFORE SEASON IN THE PAPER THERE IS ALWAYS AN ARTICLE ON HOW GOOD THE NE REGION IS GOING TO BE!!!

WOULD IT BE TO SELL THE LAST OF WHATS LEFT OF THE HIGHLY COVETED NE PERMITS???

GO FIGURE!!!

THEN AFTER 3 DIFFERENT WEAPON HUNTS THERE IS ALWAYS AN ARTICLE ON WHY IT WASN'T AS GOOD AS THEY PREDICTED,TOO DRY,DEER WERE TOO HIGH,DEER WERE TOO LOW,ETC,THEY CAN'T USE THE ONE THAT SAY'S IT'S BEEN TOO WET,THAT ONES BEEN OUT OF COMMISSION FOR A WHILE!!!

WHEN YOU FIND THAT 'MORE DEER FOR HUNTERS' AREA PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHERE IT IS WIIL YA???

THE ONLY bobcat STILL LOOKING FOR A CHUTE-ER THIS YEAR!!!

I have found there to be less deer in two different areas that I have been scouting this year one site is on 1800 Acers of Private Property with Two of the borders are National Forest the other is Public land. Both of which have had plenty of deer on in the past but the population is way down. I wish we could get the real Data and the real truth!!!

Tallbuck1

One Bad Day Hunting
is better than a good day
at WORK!

Well, I actually agree with the article. From what I've seen here on the Cache unit I think there are a few more deer than last year, though perhaps only marginally so. Our deer herd has been down in the dumps the last few years so there is really only one way it can head. Still, the deer population is a long way from where it was in the late 80's and early 90's.

My spot seems to have a few more forkies. the bigger bucks seem to show up just after the bow season starts. Then I'll see if it is really better this year or not. I camped up on monte for the first time in about 6 years this summer and did not see any deer. I'm sure they are sum where up there.

I am doing the muzzleloader hunt in Northern Pleasedear. I got your map so when you are ready for it let me know.

elk_img_01.gif

Been few and far between deer where I hunt Muzz... Plenty moose though, cant buy an elk sighting yet. I did see 3 small 4 pointers up on Monte a week ago ( just north of the summit) and seen a few forkys and 3 point in waterfall canyon at Northfork.All I have seen in sourdough or middlefork are does and no fawns, must of had a bad fawn survival rate again this year.
Going to forgo the deer hunt and go to Labridor for carabou instead, be back for the Archery elk and go between willard and ben lomond peaks where there is still some water left in the wallows.

Good Luck

muzz, I'm off to Wyo. for a couple days so I can't get the map this wknd. No biggy, I know it is safe in your hands anyways.

Deer have been real wierd this summer, one hiking trip I'll see 3-4 bucks together and a few does/fawns scattered around and the next hike nothing......... wierd deal.

WOULD YOU GUY'S PLEASE SEND ME A COPY OF THAT MAP???

YOU ACT LIKE IT'S SOME KIND OF HONEY HOLE MAP!!!

JUST SEND IT TO ME,I'LL GET IT BACK BEFORE PleaseDear GETS BACK FROM WYOMING,HE'LL NEVER KNOW I EVER HAD IT!!!(HE,HE!!!)

THE ONLY bobcat WAITING FOR THE MAP TO THE GOLD MINE!!!

Hi Muzz
Just so u all know. Bam Bam is trying to get u all to go hunt in Georgia so he can have them No Utah bucks for him self. Sometimes he needs a little help. He just told me of all the big bucks he seen. Muzz got the name bam bam from when the bucks come a running he gets his gun. Bam Bam Bam Bam goes the gun. Damn goes Muzz. Damn gun. I think he traded it off for a smoke pole this year. Hey bud did u get the pics of the bucks i sent u. OH and thanks i owe u one How about some rocks.. Good luck on them bucks. Hope i get to see one on your wall. Even if it is a doe.
Rut

Hey your welcome I just hope the curb turns out good. I will take some rocks. As far as the bam bam thing goes you are full of it. It is more like bam thud goes the deer.

elk_img_01.gif

I've been scouting a northern area since early July and I have to say I'm seeing many more deer in this area this year. Does and fawns all over the place. I have not seen so many fawns in a long time. Seeing plenty of small bucks, but also got some footage of a few hogs and some decent 26 -28" bucks.

I'm seriously thinking about turing in my NE tag for a Northern tag.. we'll see.

IF YOU'RE SEEING BUCKS LIKE THAT,IT WOULDN'T TAKE LONG FOR ME TO TRADE THE HIGHLY COVETED NE REGION (JUNK) TAG IN!!!

WHERE IN THE NE REGION ARE YOU GONNA FIND A 'HOG'???

LET ALONE A FEW HOGS???

PLEASE SEND EXACT GPS COORDINATES!!!

THE ONLY bobcat NOT GETTING TOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS HIGHLY COVETED NE REGION PERMIT!!!

I never said "highly coveted" that is for sure! I'm just saying, I have a NE tag and have hunted an area in the NE region for years. Thinking of hanging that tradition up!

GPS Coordinates: 142.2. AINT NONE.134 ;)

BUL_KRZY

BUL_KRZY

DAMN,I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WITH THE COORINATES!!!

THERES GOT TO BE BETTER COORDINATES IN A BETTER REGION,PLEASE SOMEBODY SEND THEM!!!

NO DOUBT,ONE OF THE MOST OVERHUNTED REGIONS,AT THE LAST MINUTE WHEN ALOT OF PEOPLE DECIDE THEY'RE GOING HUNTING THEY SLICK UP WHATS LEFT OF THE NE REGION PERMITS!!!

PLEASE DON'T ADVERTISE NO-SEEUM CANYON COORDINATES,I ALREADY KNOW WHERE THAT ONE IS!!!

THE ONLY bobcat HUNTING FROM A HIGHER ELEVATION THIS YEAR,DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A SILENCER FOR MY CHUTE PLANE???
I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET TO FIND THAT CHUTE-ER!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom