More geese and bonus ducks

NeMont

Long Time Member
evan.jpeg
EE0376C8-0878-454E-9808-3383517FBAFC.jpeg

View attachment 17806

Nemont, are those quill lake geese? Or just some color variant of your honkers that I'm sure can occur other places. Just curious, I don't know much about the Quill Lake geese and where they migrate to etc.

Cool pics,thanks for posting.

Thats pretty cool! Thanks for the reply. Although I have heard about them I was unsure if they were a resident flock somewhere or a migratory flock from the Quill Lake area. Cool birds!

Lots of jerky, goose pastrami, lots of pulled goose goes to work with me, lots of curried goose over rice. I put a bunch into the sausage pile and grind right along with any other wild game.

Here is an easy one.

Put breasts, thighs and legs in a big crock pot and cover with the cheapest two litre bottle of cola you can buy. Cook on high for like 12 to 18 hours.

Discard all liquid, I mean all of it. Pull meat and make sure you get all the tendons from the legs and thighs.

Pulled meat can be mixed with any of your favorite BBQ sauce and served on a bun. Even the gals in the office eat that.

Hank Shaw's Goose Pastrami is great:

Lots of jerky, goose pastrami, lots of pulled goose goes to work with me, lots of curried goose over rice. I put a bunch into the sausage pile and grind right along with any other wild game.

Here is an easy one.

Put breasts, thighs and legs in a big crock pot and cover with the cheapest two litre bottle of cola you can buy. Cook on high for like 12 to 18 hours.

Discard all liquid, I mean all of it. Pull meat and make sure you get all the tendons from the legs and thighs.

Pulled meat can be mixed with any of your favorite BBQ sauce and served on a bun. Even the gals in the office eat that.

Hank Shaw's Goose Pastrami is great:

We just tried the pulled goose although a bit different recipe and it is awesome!

Definitely a winner way to cook honkers.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom