More Goat Pictures

borntohunt

I got out this weekend and found a few more Mtn Goats. I am just getting started with these majestic animals and for this reason am asking for some expert help. I am posting a few pictures of a goat that we found on Saturday. This goat was all by itself and was in some very rugged country. All that I have read says that normally the billies hang out by themselves and that the nanies and kids tend to stick together. I have also read that the billies normally have much more mass in their horn bases. As I mentioned I am new to the goat world and am wondering if the goat in these pictures is a billie? He sure looks like one to me. Also if he is a billie, is he a small, average, or large billie?

Thanks for your input guys. I am still many years from getting enough points to draw, but am trying to start learning right now.

borntohunt

Big%20Billie18.jpg

Big%20Billie1.jpg

Big%20Billie20.jpg

Big%20Billie21.jpg

Big%20Billie22.jpg

Very cool pictures! I would say that you were looking at a mature billy. The horns curve right from the base to the tip. A nanny's horns appear almost straight with a sharp kink at the end. Yours also looks to have decent mass. A really heavy goat will have horns that almost touch in the middle. As far as length goes he's probably in that 9 1/2 inch range that most adult billies reach. There are certain areas where they grow longer and heavier on the coast of BC and Alaska.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom